Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Next Mission for Jameer: D up CP3

quote:
Originally posted by Howard:

I want him to stop CP steal streak.

Me too!!! everyone has been talking about that streak and to have jameer break it would be huge, your not gonna shut down CP, but if he stops the streak and has similar numbers then maybe jameer wasn't crazy after all when he said he wanted to be an all-star and olympian during his career.

quote:
Originally posted by J-Pat Attack!:

quote:
Originally posted by Howard:

I want him to stop CP steal streak.

Me too!!! everyone has been talking about that streak and to have jameer break it would be huge, your not gonna shut down CP, but if he stops the streak and has similar numbers then maybe jameer wasn't crazy after all when he said he wanted to be an all-star and olympian during his career.

I'm a basketball fan and I'm really like when a player make a new record. I'd like to see CP3 continued with his streak.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

Let's face it, Jameer is playing great, shots falling, turnovers down, assists up. Jameer has a great chance tomorrow to prove himself once again but I think tomorrow he needs to do it on the defensive end. If he comes out tomorrow and gets physical with CP3 and takes him out of his game I think that will show his value and potential to be a very good NBA point guard more so than what he has already shown this season. I am really looking forward to see if he takes the challenge and comes out tomorrow with a lot of effort and shows some fire on the defensive end of the floor. His scoring is great, but remember we got smoked by the other teams point guards last year in the playoffs and I think tomorrow will be a good opportunity for Jameer to work hard and get better on that end of the floor.

Otis knows more than we think. Jameer is playing great.

While I have to agree with most of your post, I have to disagree with the point guard play during the playoffs, Jameer carried the Magic in the playoffs, and was one of the few consistent points, he lit up the Toronto back court like this morning's christmas tree, and easily outplayed which ever player he faced.

Detroit on the other hand, used larger, mismatch players against him, Chauncey billups, and Stuckey some, and while Stuckey played very well, Jameer held his own there. The Billups mismatch situation is just that a mismatch that could have IMO been handeled better by the coach, and or team defense switching, and had again IMO very little to do with any single player getting "smoked" as you put it.

I really believe that it has been since last year's playoffs or starting there, that Jameer has upped his game to a higher level.

I also totally agree that Meer needs to get physical with CP3, I am interested to see, or hoping that tickey tackey touch fouls are not called against meer, the entire Hornets team hang like ornaments all over D12, only to get a foul called after D12 muscles free and is about to dunk. I am tired of inconsistent whistles against our team, if they let teams pound low against D12 they need to stop whisteling him for clean blocks against Bynum, and Kobe, and pretty much every other foul called against him in the LA game, but it seems this is the case every game.

My concern is probably not so much with Jameer on him, but Johnson.

We all know that Jameer goes out with about 3 min left in the first qtr and doesnt return till about 7 min left in the half. That will probably mean that AJ will be guarding CP3 for a bit of time and after seeing Fisher light him up, I dont hold out a lot of hope that AJ could do any better against Chris Paul.

Hopefully SVG adjusts a bit and puts Jameer back in when Paul comes back into the game. I also think the David West/Rashard Lewis matchup will be interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Easy.

Put Courtney on 'em.

He's big enough, quick enough, and I'm pretty sure he can stay with Paul as much as anybody.

Done deal.

I think about that too, it

Steal streak is gone baby icon_smile.gif

Chris Paul looked so frustrated today, he almost looked like crying at one point on ESPN. Good team defense guys

MA

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by ivDT:

how would jameer stop paul's steal streak?

By protecting the ball... and yes, it would take more than just Jameer.

quote:
Paul, the NBA steals leader (3.7 average), snapped his league-record string of 108 games with at least one steal.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I'd be lost in hell if I didn't BELIEVE

I will always ******* {BELIEVE}

70 posts from 10000 Jack?

Jameer ended Paul's steal streak and outplayed him during the game. Chris Paul had no smiles and his team wasn't owned, they were obliterated.