Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[Game Thread]Lakers @ Magic 12/20

Yellow is an underrated color,noboby likes that much but when it comes to Lakers,you can't underestimate them even they lost last night it will be tough game tonight and we can not win this game with only good jammer,courtney and creppy forward playin everybody has to step up then we will win

ORL 100

Yellowish-purple 93

Don't forget that we just came off a game where Hedo, Shard, and Keith shot a combined 11-38 and Dwight only went to the free throw line once. We keep Kobe out of the paint and if he hits his jumpers, that is fine. We will just take everyone else out of the game.

The keys for Magic victory will be:

Hustle defense, stop lane penetration and kick-outs, stop 3-point shooters, do not give offensive rebounds. Stop the bigs and the 3-point shooters, let Kobe play one-on-one.

Magic 105 - Lakers 100

MA

The keys for me will be working Pau Gasol and Fisher, Kobe will probably light it up and their bench will run rampant. By limiting Pau's easy cuts and back door opportunities, keeping him off the offensive glass and forcing him to catch the ball higher than he likes, we will really help keep ourselves competitive. When it comes to Fisher, his drive and kick game is very serious, if we can collapse on him deep without giving their 3 point shooters room we stand a much better chance...keeping Fisher from getting wide from 3 is also a big challenge...

overall, just hustle, communicate and grab rebounds...

Royal Bowie's right, gotta stop everyone around Kobe. Also foul trouble for both Dwight and Bynum is the biggest factor in this game, if it happens.

Their x-factor is Lamar Odom, he's been relatively ineffective of late and we need to keep it that way. Ours is C-Lee, he and the rest of our bench needs to meet the challenge that the Lakers 2nd unit represents. Lee's the tip of the spear.

Magic Killa Alert: Could it be anyone but Trevor Ariza? Gotta limit the steals/deflections and the streaky 3 point shooting.

For the last ten days I thought this would be a loss, but after how the Magic handled the Jazz and Spurs, now I'm not so sure. So I'm changing it from a Magic loss to calling it a coin flip. Both teams will score at least 100, and neither team wins by more than 8 points.

Rashard/Gasol is the key matchup in this game. Each enjoys a huge mismatch on the offensive end. Shard has to be very aggressive & use his athleticism against Gasol. He also has to make Gasol pay for not closing out on him at the 3 pt. line. I think for us to win, Shard has to have a monster game.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Welcome back Peaches, now go stop the best player on the planet.

lol that's a hell of a welcome back present huh? i'm just glad that we have a few different solid defenders to throw at him...i'm bettin Peaches will get in early foul trouble which will leave Lee and Bogans to shoulder the load also...the scary thing about the Lake Show is you have to pick your poison-- shadow Kobe and somebody else is gonna have a big game, guard him 1-on-1 and he's goin for 40+...basically the same thing that makes us difficult to defend as well with our inside-outside combo...

man i can't wait til 4 o'clock...this is gonna go down to the wire...and forget the "they're just tired" talk...three of our starters aren't 100% but i don't hear any announcers talkin about that right?...let's get it magic!

The Spurs game was packed, and it was loud, and everyone was cheering for the Magic.

Tonight against the Lakers, the arena will be packed, it will be loud, but unfortunately, there will be quite a few people NOT rooting for the Magic.

I'd say the over/under on the number of Kobe jersey's is 1000.

quote:
Tonight against the Lakers, the arena will be packed, it will be loud, but unfortunately, there will be quite a few people NOT rooting for the Magic.

Well, we gotta drown them out, that's for sure... let's be loud and cheer for the right team!!!