Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

ESPN: Chat with J.A. Adande 3 p.m.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

My question:

quote:
Alright, Jameer and the Magic just whipped the Spurs after going 4-1 on a WC trip... What's the excuse for not calling them an elite team now?

"Back to backs, and the Spurs didn't feel like putting up any effort against a mediocre team".

Actually, from what I've seen of Adande, he likes the Magic a lot. Then again, so did Legler.

quote:

J.A. Adande: (3:01 PM ET ) What's up everybody? Let's get going. Man, there are a lot of Orlando Magic questions in the queue...Orlando stand up! I'll try to get to a few of those and various other topics going on...surprised more people aren't piping up about that Phoenix-Portland game last night. One of the better games I've watched in a while. Maybe the East Coasters are still sleeping in, since it went so late.

J.A. doesn't know Orlando has some of the best fans.

quote:
Oliver: (Orlando, FL): J.A., Big fan thanks for taking my question. Do you think that the Magic have a shot of winning the East or even the Title this year? Everyone seems to be overlooking them since the Celtics, Cavs, and Lakers are having such great seasons.

SportsNation J.A. Adande: (3:06 PM ET ) I still can't see Orlando getting past Cleveland or Boston. Especially if Howard gets in foul trouble in a game or two. I saw them out here against the Clippers recently and was disappointed at how they let the Clippers hang around and have a shot at winning a game they really shouldn't have been in at all. And I still don't trust all of those three-pointers to fall consistently during the playoffs. Plus I don't like Hedo's regression this year.

SportsNation J.A. Adande: (3:06 PM ET ) But Dwight Howard...man!

quote:
Alex (Orlando, FL): The backcourt doesn't seem like an issue anymore for the Magic. Jameer Nelson is playing like a borderline all-star (I know, Rondo Rondo Rondo), Pietrus was playing like he was worth the MLE before injury, Bogans is Bogans, and Courtney Lee is looking like the steal of the draft. Is this team a legit contender now, or are we forever not going to be good enough to be talked about as one?

J.A. Adande: (3:18 PM ET ) I love how Courtney Lee is playing. But would you take the Magic's backcourt over Boston's? Or Atlanta's? Or Cleveland's (and I'm counting LeBron since he handles the ball so much)? No. I agree that Orlando should be talked about more, but I don't think they should be considered one of the top things.

quote:
Alex (Orlando, FL): The backcourt doesn't seem like an issue anymore for the Magic. Jameer Nelson is playing like a borderline all-star (I know, Rondo Rondo Rondo), Pietrus was playing like he was worth the MLE before injury, Bogans is Bogans, and Courtney Lee is looking like the steal of the draft. Is this team a legit contender now, or are we forever not going to be good enough to be talked about as one?

J.A. Adande: (3:18 PM ET ) I love how Courtney Lee is playing. But would you take the Magic's backcourt over Boston's? Or Atlanta's? Or Cleveland's (and I'm counting LeBron since he handles the ball so much)? No. I agree that Orlando should be talked about more, but I don't think they should be considered one of the top things.

quote:
Jameer Nelson (Orlando, FL): Hey, if the All-Star game were tomorrow, would anybody besides Devon Harris be ahead of me? Would Rondo really be that good w/o the three future Hall of Famers on his team?

J.A. Adande: (3:20 PM ET ) I'm still going with Rondo. to me it's impressive that he's so vital to this team even with the three stars. He's playing with so much confidence, forcing teams to pay attention to him that he actually makes those guys even more valuable. (not to mention the extra possessions he gets them with rebounds and steals)

quote:
Jameer Nelson (Orlando, FL): Hey, if the All-Star game were tomorrow, would anybody besides Devon Harris be ahead of me? Would Rondo really be that good w/o the three future Hall of Famers on his team?

J.A. Adande: (3:20 PM ET ) I'm still going with Rondo. to me it's impressive that he's so vital to this team even with the three stars. He's playing with so much confidence, forcing teams to pay attention to him that he actually makes those guys even more valuable. (not to mention the extra possessions he gets them with rebounds and steals)

quote:
Michael Oakland, ca: True or False: Trevor Ariza is the Lakers most important player off the bench?

J.A. Adande: (3:24 PM ET ) True...over Lamar on a buzzer-beater.Odom is such a tough matchup for other teams' second units, but Ariza has been more consistent and he adds a bit of that gritty angle that the Lakers need.

I still think we did not have room for the guy, I mean where would he be playing, but I am glad he is doing good somewhere else.