Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would you trade J.J. for Grant Hill? Schmitz says Hill wants to return(Sentinel)

Grant did take backup mins in PHX but, he has come out and said that he wants starter mins because it helps to keep him from cooling off since he's older.

Schmitz makes up a lot of junk but this one takes the grand prize, basically we would be trading a guy we don't play for a guy that messes up our ball movement all together. Not to mention a guy that left us high and dry for a "chance to win a title" and now that he has no chance he wants to jump ship on them and come crawling back to us??

How about this-

Grant, march straight back to Phoenix, stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of cap hell, abandonment, and murdering our franchise. Do that and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today.

Before we let you leave, you must cross that court, present yourself before this army, put your head between your legs, and kiss your own arse.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Grant did take backup mins in PHX but, he has come out and said that he wants starter mins because it helps to keep him from cooling off since he's older.

Schmitz makes up a lot of junk but this one takes the grand prize, basically we would be trading a guy we don't play for a guy that messes up our ball movement all together. Not to mention a guy that left us high and dry for a "chance to win a title" and now that he has no chance he wants to jump ship on them and come crawling back to us??

How about this-

Grant, march straight back to Phoenix, stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of cap hell, abandonment, and murdering our franchise. Do that and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today.

Before we let you leave, you must cross that court, present yourself before this army, put your head between your legs, and kiss your own arse.

can you link that quote?

Orlando (fans/media) says Hill left us high and dry, Hill says Orlando never contacted him...so...2 parties to blame? take 2 to tango? or, no Hill is just a pure villain?

I think this is a sick joke from Grant. He will allow/beg for the trade. Then come here to the RDV with a baseball bat and as soon as he walks in to greet the team again, he will strike his own ankle with said bat destroying his bionic ankle only to give us another year of doo doo from the bench. In the end all he wants is to model his suits and look pretty cheerleading the Magic while avenging the fact he felt unwanted last season when he bolted to Phoenix.

But honestly...I would not hate him back in Orlando, but I would need for him to buy us all, all the members of the forum, a free ticket to a game....Or find a way to get us Nash here too..

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Orlando (fans/media) says Hill left us high and dry, Hill says Orlando never contacted him...so...2 parties to blame? take 2 to tango? or, no Hill is just a pure villain?

Grant's spin on this is like an urban myth growing in proportion every single time it's told. It was bs justification the first time he told it, it's reached a point where it's just bs now.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

can you link that quote?

Schmitz mentions it in this article, I can't find the ones where he said it while on our roster but I do remember him saying as much.

Honestly who knows what was said but we do know that Grant was talking about going to a contender while broadcasting the finals (before FA began), we know that Otis said he was not going to trade Grant even though he was a 16 mill expiring because he said he was part of the team, and we know that Grant signed for very little money leaving us without a starting 2 and forcing us to trade for Mo.

We may not have the exact conversations but the only thing that makes sense is that Grant wanted to go to a contender and left us with nothing after 7 yrs of loyalty. What makes this a million times worse in my eyes is he requested a sign and trade when he came to us from DET because he didn't want to leave Joe D high and dry, where was our loyalty? Were was our consideration? PHX had nothing on their roster that we could have used? He cost us Chucky and Ben, 7yrs of cap space, and all we got was a goodbye and a I would sure like to buy the team some day? I wish him nothing but the best of health but I hope they miss the playoffs all together.

Class act my azz.

without hesitation i say YES! DO IT OTIS! hill is playing good ball. and if he is taking jj min then an injury wouldnt effect us that much from him cause jj dont even play. i think its a huge upgrade on our bench and it gets jj out the east where he cant kill us to often if he catches fire , wich he will eventualy....

yes yes yes all the way arround!

LOL, I could careless either way. Hill bolted to go to a "winning" team and got it horribly wrong.

The question you guys have to ask yourselves is this...

Do you like having Keith Bogans as our backup SF?

Also, would you rather have Hills 9/5/2 or Redicks 4/2/1?

Yes. But only because the trade mentioned involves only Redick. For JJ I would be willing to take far less. So for a former all-star that would solidify our bench and provide us with insurance from two perspectives (injuries & Hedo negotiations) in exchange for our vastly overrated yet somehow worthless former lottery pick, is too good to be true.

I dont know that any of us could ever forgive GHill for abandoning the team, but a step closer toward a championship roster is one thing that will allow all of us to forgive ad forget quickly.

You then package Bogans/Foyle & Cook with maybe a first round pick or the TE and you get a bonafide PF to spell Rashard from the bench, and I believe we are business for a run at the NBA Finals.

You guys know I really want to make a deal with OKC, so here is my ideal lineup.

Jameer/AJ/Weaver

Pietrus/Lee

Hedo/GHill/Rischardson

Shard/Collison/Battie

Dwight/Gortat

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Yes. But only because the trade mentioned involves only Redick. For JJ I would be willing to take far less. So for a former all-star that would solidify our bench and provide us with insurance from two perspectives (injuries & Hedo negotiations) in exchange for our vastly overrated yet somehow worthless former lottery pick, is too good to be true.

I dont know that any of us could ever forgive GHill for abandoning the team, but a step closer toward a championship roster is one thing that will allow all of us to forgive ad forget quickly.

You then package Bogans/Foyle & Cook with maybe a first round pick or the TE and you get a bonafide PF to spell Rashard from the bench, and I believe we are business for a run at the NBA Finals.

You guys know I really want to make a deal with OKC, so here is my ideal lineup.

Jameer/AJ/Lowry

Pietrus/Lee

Hedo/GHill/Rischardson

Shard/Collison/Battie

Dwight/Gortat

LOL, where the heck does Lowry come from?