Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The Official Jameer Appreciation Thread

Anybody remember that "Point Guard of the Future" thread I made last year?

It was just pictures of Jameer Nelson, and full of posts doubting him, saying I was crazy, that he was just a backup.

Actually Jameer Nelson was my favorite player in the NBA when he first was drafted by the Magic. So much potential I saw in him. He's bloomed as a player and he still has more seasons to get any better..but can you get better then shooting 100% from the field.

I also remember members saying that Jameer was nothing but a "SOLID BACKUP POINT GUARD".

I even remember people saying "JAMEER ISN"T A POINT GUARD, HE'S A SHOOTING GUARD".

Well WHOOP DEE DOO! Go Jameer!

I have no idea what Jameer could do after tonight. He played as close to a perfect game as humanly possible. The man is playing as good as I have ever seen any Magic player play.

Appreciation from Hollinger (it takes a long time, but finally...)

quote:
The Magic are now within less than 0.1 of the Lakers in the current Power Rankings, and finish only one win behind L.A. in today's Playoff Odds, so certainly they have a case.

Looking at the talent on the two rosters, it doesn't seem clear how that could be. But it's high time we reevaluated one perceived weakness for the Magic -- point guard.

Orlando's Jameer Nelson shot 9-for-9 from the field Monday, capping a four-game run where he's averaged 26.3 points while shooting 35-of-64. For the season he's at 53.2 percent from the floor and 43.2 percent on 3-pointers, and his PER of 20.87 makes the All-Star whispers you're starting to hear seem justifiable.

_______

Nelson grades out as one of the league's most improved players, and a huge reason the Magic are threatening to move into the NBA's upper crust.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=h...&page=Perdiem-081223

Jameer has been playing out of his mind and is getting the credit he deserves. I won't be happy if AI is responsible for keeping Nelson out of the all-star game