Sign in to follow this  
Strepsil

What About 2010 ??

Can the Magic take a dominante free agent with her actually salary taxes? do the magic the same that the knicks? trade hedo? rash ? jameer? ...for take a bosh, wade or ...The king?

I think we must do it for have a amazing Duo , what do you think about a D12 - King ??

Excuse me for my fake english! go Magic ! go pietrus and ALLEZ LA FRANCE !

Can the Magic take a dominante free agent with her actually salary taxes? do the magic the same that the knicks? trade hedo? rash ? jameer? ...for take a bosh, wade or ...The king?

I think we must do it for have a amazing Duo , what do you think about a D12 - King ??

Excuse me for my fake english! go Magic ! go pietrus and ALLEZ LA FRANCE !

congratulations my friend, you seem to be the first french person that has hit the boards since peitrus' entrance to this team. and it's welcomed, we've seen people come in with arroyo, darko, and even hedo and stay with us. thank you for expressing concern for the team from wherever it is you call home.

in 2010 we'll sit back and watch what happens, mostly becuase we have alot of money tied up bewteen dwight, hedo, jameer, peaches, and especially rashard, and it's fine, the organization seems to be going for team chemistry over changing major pieces every few months, and with the weapons we have now on the magic i don't really blame them even though i fire off my dislike of general manager otis smith every once in a while.

teams like the mavericks and suns have tried to switch around major pieces but in my view they've failed, i believe the lakers have done well doing this but for what we have to offer to trade compared to the return, the chance of coming out of a major deal with a better team seems to be small. from what i see smaller pieces will and should be moved around, jj redick, brian cook, our draft picks, and such, to gain either frontcourt strength to help dwight howard, or even a backup pg that isn't in his mid-30s... hopefully we keep our draft picks and they turn out well because with the money we have tied up with the starting five players we'll need a rookie to play extremely well.

if we could get an amazing duo here like dwight and bosh, lebron, wade, it would of course be welcomed, but the only salaray that big enough to trade away is rashard and it seems like he's here to stay, even though most of us think that contract is oversized, he does average very consistent numbers and when we do get a PF to play regular mintues be it from college or wherever, rashard will be able to play his natural position at the small forward spot alot better, even if it's just for 10 minutes a game.

in 2010 we'll see our new arena built, we think d-12 is king(and the all star voting is sort of proving that), and we're all very happy to be where we are considering where we were just 4 or 5 years ago.... we call peitrus by peaches sometimes because some people couldn't spell his name at first, but it's all in good fun.

Thank you cunning stunt but i'm a magic fan since the magic draft shaqille o neil , in 1991 or 1992?

But pietrus is not the first french in magic roster.. wahad (olivier st jean) was the first. a good defenser too !

the big problem is rashaw, is a good player but he take BIG BIG salary...i like this guy.

But actualy hedo go to be free at the end of this season..and i think, we must to trade the turk and take a player with a little salary..

I think that the player , and the Good player would like to play with Dwight ?

I know that Bosh is a goog frend of dwight no?

welcome strepsil

yeah, i remember tariq abdul-wahad. je was a solid player. i think he also played for the kings and the nuggets.

to answer your question, we won't have any $$$ (besides the MLE) in 2010 thanks to shard's and meer's contracts. even if otis decides to trade them, nobody is so stupid to take them so they won't leave. and hedo will get overpaid in the offseason or he'll leave for nothing.

EDIT: yeah, shaq was the 1st overall pick in the 1992 draft

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

GUESS WHAT!!!

I BELIEVE !!!

alright, but what exactly?

All I have to say is if the Lakers can trade left overs for Pau Gasol, so can the Magic.

Remember, Otis convinced the Knicks to take Steve Francis. Otis is becoming the most underrated GM in the NBA.

Only time will tell.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

All I have to say is if the Lakers can trade left overs for Pau Gasol, so can the Magic.

Remember, Otis convinced the Knicks to take Steve Francis. Otis is becoming the most underrated GM in the NBA.

Only time will tell.

Otis made that ONE good move (beating isiah thomas is something to be proud of) and has apparently made a career out of it. Look at everything else he has done besides that, its been one mistake after another.

Drafting Lee and signing Pietrus seem to be good moves but only time will tell there. Lee was the pick everyone had us taking, and even in the Pietrus thing he originally wanted Duhon, so its hard to give him a ton of credit for falling backwards into those moves.

What the Magic can do comes down to if we resign Hedo we will not be doing much. But if Hedo is not re-signed and the Magic do not pick up another MLE size contract we will most likely get a big name.

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Only time will tell.

Otis made that ONE good move (beating isiah thomas is something to be proud of) and has apparently made a career out of it. Look at everything else he has done besides that, its been one mistake after another.

Drafting Lee and signing Pietrus seem to be good moves but only time will tell there. Lee was the pick everyone had us taking, and even in the Pietrus thing he originally wanted Duhon, so its hard to give him a ton of credit for falling backwards into those moves.

Well to list his successful moves:

The resigning of Jameer Nelson for next to nothing, the resigning of Dwight Howard, the signing of Rashard Lewis, the faith he placed in Turkoglu paying off, the drafting of Courtney Lee, the signing of Pietrus, stealing Van Gundy from the Kings, and making a team that isn't only going to win 55+ games, but will have a core intact for at least 4 seasons. Successful? I'd say so