Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Remaining trades:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

I doubt Hedo would land us Boozer, but I think Jamison and Murphy is possible. We already have Howard, so I doubt that we'll be interested in Bogut.

Hedo/JJ/1st round pick is pretty much the package I would like to see Otis float around the league.

IMO that deal could net us more than half the starting PFs in the league, including a hand-full of all-stars either playing for struggling teams or unhappy with the teams they are playing on.

Think about this for a second. If you're the Magic, who would you rather pay 10-12 million to, Jamison or Hedo? With Washington contemplating breaking up their team, I think this would be an ideal time for both teams to capitalize on perceived needs.

And perhaps Otis could use his lingering connections with GS to pluck a player or two off their roster.

One way or another, I just see so much room for improvement if Otis were willing to deal Hedo.

Note: If you're tentative about dealing a future 1st round pick, remember that we can likely utilize out TE to land a replacement 1st round pick, or we include the TE if the asset our trade partner is interested in is cap space.

Jamison would be a nice addition, but I don't see Otis trading Turk to a team within our division.

Portland would be a team interested in Turk, and I think KP could put together a package, that Otis couldn't refuse.

Portland send Rodriguez, Outlaw, and Fyre to the Magic, for Hedo and Redick.

I think I'd do that Portland deal. It would give us Sergio and send Anthony Johnson to HIM being the third point guard he should of been all along. We get Outlaw to replace Hedo, and well.. Frye sucks. But I'm sure Portland would be happy to be rid of him, and help the deal get through.

Still wouldn't really get us the kind of PF that we need, but I'd rather have this than Nick Collison.

I'm on the trade Hedo bandwagon, just don't trade him for garbage.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Otis is a moron, He is looking for a back up point when we need a bulky PF. This management never ceases to turn my stomach.

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! We only have the fourth best record in the league! Waaaaah!

I kid, I kid. But seriously, I am not an expert on basketball related cap issues and rules but couldn't we resign Hedo for the purpose of shipping him off for say a Paul Millsap or are there any mid 20 prospects that could get the job done? Also I read we are 1.5 million under the cap, does that mean we won't/can't utilize our MLE?

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by fan for too long:

Otis is a moron, He is looking for a back up point when we need a bulky PF. This management never ceases to turn my stomach.

by, Kramer:

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! We only have the fourth best record in the league! Waaaaah!

I kid, I kid. But seriously, I am not an expert on basketball related cap issues and rules but couldn't we resign Hedo for the purpose of shipping him off for say a Paul Millsap or are there any mid 20 prospects that could get the job done? Also I read we are 1.5 million under the cap, does that mean we won't/can't utilize our MLE?

Thank you Otis for your comments. And you are right not being an expert on anything basketball related is an understatement.

I don't care what Hedo's box score says from last night's game (or about the outcome frankly).

Hedo once again shot poorly. On more than a half dozen occassions we ran the pick and roll with both defenders staying with Hedo. Did Hedo pass the ball to his wide open teammate rolling off the pick? Nope. He either lowered his shoulder and drove on two men or swung the ball to a guarded teammate on the other side of the floor.

It's really getting quite frustrating to watch him play. One on five is not a solid plan.

I would really like to trade him before he completely runs his trade value into the ground.

quote:

I don't care what Hedo's box score says from last night's game (or about the outcome frankly).

Hedo once again shot poorly. On more than a half dozen occassions we ran the pick and roll with both defenders staying with Hedo. Did Hedo pass the ball to his wide open teammate rolling off the pick? Nope. He either lowered his shoulder and drove on two men or swung the ball to a guarded teammate on the other side of the floor.

It's really getting quite frustrating to watch him play. One on five is not a solid plan.

I would really like to trade him before he completely runs his trade value into the ground.

He was 6/15 I believe. So he didn't shoot well either.

If anyone needs me and I don't respond, it just means I can't hear you over the sound of how completely and totally right I was about Hedo. It's deafening.

Can David Lee be signed to a long-term contract mid-season? Does he play defense? The reason I ask is that his numbers and rebounding look like those of a younger Haslem. What about a Turk for J. James and Lee trade?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

He was 6/15 I believe. So he didn't shoot well either.

He also shot 8/9 from the FT line. So even though his shots weren't falling, he was able to get to the line, and that what good players do.