Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

ESPN - 2009 Draft Watch

quote:

Patrick Patterson, PF, Kentucky

Patterson has an NBA body and athleticism, and lately his numbers at Kentucky attest to it. He had 31 points versus Lamar, 19 points and 16 rebounds versus Miami, and then 21 and 10 versus Mississippi Valley State. He's shooting a ridiculous 73 percent from the field and is showing some nice offensive versatility. Ideally, Patterson would be a few inches taller than 6-8, but his explosive leaping ability and his long wingspan make up for much of it. Scouts still have him ranked in the 20s, but he's the type of player who could really rise as we get closer to the draft.

quote:

Jonny Flynn, PG, Syracuse

This draft is loaded with point guards. We have 10 of them in our Top 30 this year. Flynn is quickly making a name for himself this season with his stellar play for Syracuse. He has really improved his shot selection this season and has addressed his biggest weakness -- his long-range jump shot -- by shooting 44 percent from 3-point range this year.

He needs to cut down on his turnovers and scouts worry a little about his size (his 6-foot listing by Syracuse is very dubious), but it's been impossible to doubt his skills or his heart. He should be in a very interesting battle with North Carolina's Ty Lawson, UCLA's Darren Collison and St. Mary's Patrick Mills to see who'll be the first small point guard off the board.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?c...ge=Draf****ch-081211

These are two players who would fit right into our system. Patterson is that Millsap/Maxiell type of PF we need, and Flynn remind me of Kyle Lowry, but with a jumper.

quote:

Patrick Patterson, PF, Kentucky

Patterson has an NBA body and athleticism, and lately his numbers at Kentucky attest to it. He had 31 points versus Lamar, 19 points and 16 rebounds versus Miami, and then 21 and 10 versus Mississippi Valley State. He's shooting a ridiculous 73 percent from the field and is showing some nice offensive versatility. Ideally, Patterson would be a few inches taller than 6-8, but his explosive leaping ability and his long wingspan make up for much of it. Scouts still have him ranked in the 20s, but he's the type of player who could really rise as we get closer to the draft.

quote:

Jonny Flynn, PG, Syracuse

This draft is loaded with point guards. We have 10 of them in our Top 30 this year. Flynn is quickly making a name for himself this season with his stellar play for Syracuse. He has really improved his shot selection this season and has addressed his biggest weakness -- his long-range jump shot -- by shooting 44 percent from 3-point range this year.

He needs to cut down on his turnovers and scouts worry a little about his size (his 6-foot listing by Syracuse is very dubious), but it's been impossible to doubt his skills or his heart. He should be in a very interesting battle with North Carolina's Ty Lawson, UCLA's Darren Collison and St. Mary's Patrick Mills to see who'll be the first small point guard off the board.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?c...ge=Draf****ch-081211

These are two players who would fit right into our system. Patterson is that Millsap/Maxiell type of PF we need, and Flynn remind me of Kyle Lowry, but with a jumper.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

defnitely wont need to look in the 2 guard slot for awhile, Patterson I like a lot, but I also really like Jordan Hill...tough choice...

I like Hill too.

And, of course, we can't forget Fran.

....HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAa!

Oh, man: I almost did that with a straight face!

Patterson would be a steal as late in the draft as the Magic will be drafting. Kid's a beast. Billy G just doesn't get it - UKs offense should be run through PATTERSON. He'd be a solid backup at the 4, although a couple extra inches would help.

Im hoping for Darren Collison... Pure passing point gaurd. Good defense. NBA ready. Thats what we need imo. Im sick of having a dribble and shoot point gaurd as our backup. Might need to move up a few spots to get him but not that much.

Note.. Im not saying Anthony Johnson is a dribble and shoot PG, hes just a bum.

I really like Patrick Mills. He's a faster, more defensive Jameer. Don't know that he's the best fit for this team, but he's gonna be a really good player.

12 1998 Michael Doleac

13 1998 Keon Clark

15 1998 Matt Harpring

5 2000 Mike Miller

13 2000 Courtney Alexander

15 2001 Steven Hunter

22 2001 Jeryl Sasser

18 2002 Curtis Borchardt

15 2003 Reece Gaines

1 2004 Dwight Howard

11 2005 Fran Vazquez

11 2006 J.J. Redick

22 2008 Courtney Lee

this is how the magic drafted in the last 10yrs. ok, dwight is a beast, mike miller is pretty good and harpring and clark were useful but all the others are/were awful. it's to early for lee though. so i say trade the **** pick

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

12 1998 Michael Doleac

13 1998 Keon Clark

15 1998 Matt Harpring

5 2000 Mike Miller

10 2000 Keyon Dooling

13 2000 Courtney Alexander

15 2001 Steven Hunter

22 2001 Jeryl Sasser

18 2002 Curtis Borchardt

15 2003 Reece Gaines

1 2004 Dwight Howard

11 2005 Fran Vazquez

11 2006 J.J. Redick

22 2008 Courtney Lee

this is how the magic drafted in the last 10yrs. ok, dwight is a beast, mike miller is pretty good and harpring and clark were useful but all the others are/were awful. it's to early for lee though. so i say trade the **** pick

We drafted Alexander and Dooling, that year for the Clippers, that was the summer we were trying to make a run at Duncan, T-Mac, and Hill.