Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Life As A Rookie: Courtney Lee - Hoopsworld

quote:
"Right now he's a better defensive player than he is an offensive player. That is unusual for a rookie," explained Smith. "Most of them are on the opposite end. On the offensive end, he has a tendency to sit back and let the game come to him and not be aggressive. But over the last few games he's been aggressive and it's paid off for him."

Lee finished with another solid game on in Portland complete with a dunk and scoring trips into the paint. Well before Hedo Turkoglu's bank-in-three with 0.3 seconds left won the game for Orlando and sent the Blazer faithful sadly home, Lee pitched in eight points, two assists and two rebounds in 20 minutes of play.

He left a good impression on a guy who traveled that rookie road not too long ago.

"I like his game. He's a good player," said Portland Trail Blazers All-Star guard Brandon Roy.

"He's a heck of an athlete and gives them something off the bench and some energy. I think he's going to be good in this league. He has all of the tools. I think it's a matter of time for him to learn the game and get better each day. But I think he's a good player."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10886

quote:
"Right now he's a better defensive player than he is an offensive player. That is unusual for a rookie," explained Smith. "Most of them are on the opposite end. On the offensive end, he has a tendency to sit back and let the game come to him and not be aggressive. But over the last few games he's been aggressive and it's paid off for him."

Lee finished with another solid game on in Portland complete with a dunk and scoring trips into the paint. Well before Hedo Turkoglu's bank-in-three with 0.3 seconds left won the game for Orlando and sent the Blazer faithful sadly home, Lee pitched in eight points, two assists and two rebounds in 20 minutes of play.

He left a good impression on a guy who traveled that rookie road not too long ago.

"I like his game. He's a good player," said Portland Trail Blazers All-Star guard Brandon Roy.

"He's a heck of an athlete and gives them something off the bench and some energy. I think he's going to be good in this league. He has all of the tools. I think it's a matter of time for him to learn the game and get better each day. But I think he's a good player."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10886

Nice read, this kid fits in well with this team and its needs. I still expect him to get minutes even when Pietrus returns. Looks like JJ is the odd man out and likely trade bait.

Very happy so far with this pick by Otis, far and away his best as a GM.

Here's the main quote from Stan in this article:

quote:

"I think he also has the ability to create his own shot and play off the dribble more than most of our guys at that spot. He brings a different element to our team

Courtney, don't let us down. Its amazing how he's doing this early in the season...of his first season.