Sign in to follow this  
BRich

Wizards Trying To Steal Our PG (and put us out of our misery)

quote:
Trade for Grizzlies' Crittenton Possible

By Ivan Carter

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, December 10, 2008; E05

The Wizards and Grizzlies have held discussions regarding a possible trade involving second-year Memphis point guard Javaris Crittenton, a league source confirmed last night.

The deal, first reported by the Memphis Commercial Appeal, would likely involve a swap of Crittenton for the conditional draft pick the Wizards received from Memphis in the summer of 2007 for Juan Carlos Navarro.

To make room for Crittenton, who has appeared in seven games this season, the Wizards would have to release a player to stay at the league's 15-man roster limit. Also, Crittenton's $1.38 million salary this season would push the Wizards over the luxury tax threshold ($71.15 million).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...008120903166_pf.html

Verdict - I want this guy to go somewhere. Just so we can stop talking about it one way or the other. However, I don't want him going to any division guys. Hold off on that!

quote:
Trade for Grizzlies' Crittenton Possible

By Ivan Carter

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, December 10, 2008; E05

The Wizards and Grizzlies have held discussions regarding a possible trade involving second-year Memphis point guard Javaris Crittenton, a league source confirmed last night.

The deal, first reported by the Memphis Commercial Appeal, would likely involve a swap of Crittenton for the conditional draft pick the Wizards received from Memphis in the summer of 2007 for Juan Carlos Navarro.

To make room for Crittenton, who has appeared in seven games this season, the Wizards would have to release a player to stay at the league's 15-man roster limit. Also, Crittenton's $1.38 million salary this season would push the Wizards over the luxury tax threshold ($71.15 million).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...008120903166_pf.html

Verdict - I want this guy to go somewhere. Just so we can stop talking about it one way or the other. However, I don't want him going to any division guys. Hold off on that!

What bothers me is the guy might be traded for just a draft pick? That's it? I know things are not so easy and simple, but why can't we get him for a draft pick, or an expiring contract or something...

Its not that I like the guy or that I want him here, its just that for once it would be nice if the Magic where the recipients of a deal like this...

I mean the last one I can think of was the Darko/Arroyo for Cato deal, that was good for us. But if we think about it, where is our scrubs for KG, or crap for Gasol deal?

Him coming to the division doesn't bother me at all. The Wiz are horrible this year.

"Our" point guard just scored 21 pts with 4 rebs, 6 asts, 3 stl, and only one turnover against the ever popular Blazers, holding our team together and helping to hand Portland their first home loss of the season.

I don't think he is in danger of going to the Wizards.

I'm sure Memphis' future outstanding 1st owed to Washington is more valuable than a 2009 1st from Orlando.

But, I find Otis' refusal to make this happen frustrating. A young, back court tandem of Lee & Crittenton would give us 2, 6'5 ish, athletic guards off the bench.

I've seen J-Crit play live & I'm really struggling to imagine who we could land in the draft next year that is A) Better B) More Talented C) Has more long term potential & D) a better compliment to Jameer.

Every PG in the draft is a midget like Jameer except Maynor. It's highly questionable that he's a better prospect than Crit & there's zero guarantee he'll be there.

I don't see trading a future 1st for a 21 year old as trading a draft pick, but rather making it 6 months early.

We need a rebounding PF, that is all.

We have every other piece, and Anthony Johnson is better than most back up pg's, and is better than Arroyo so I'm fine.

I do understand that the Wiz pick will/should be better than the Magic's...my comment was more because other teams actually seem to get great deals for little in return.

We don't know and maybe will never know the reason why Otis did not make the trade. Maybe they just one more from orlando but are fine with helping another struggling team. Who knows

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I'm sure Memphis' future outstanding 1st owed to Washington is more valuable than a 2009 1st from Orlando.

But, I find Otis' refusal to make this happen frustrating. A young, back court tandem of Lee & Crittenton would give us 2, 6'5 ish, athletic guards off the bench.

I've seen J-Crit play live & I'm really struggling to imagine who we could land in the draft next year that is A) Better B) More Talented C) Has more long term potential & D) a better compliment to Jameer.

Every PG in the draft is a midget like Jameer except Maynor. It's highly questionable that he's a better prospect than Crit & there's zero guarantee he'll be there.

I don't see trading a future 1st for a 21 year old as trading a draft pick, but rather making it 6 months early.

Nick Calathes is 6'5, but I see what your saying, but then again Otis might be looking to draft a PF this summer.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

Nick Calathes is 6'5, but I see what your saying, but then again Otis might be looking to draft a PF this summer.

Calathes isn't a very good player (NBA). I have significant experience playing against him and he tends to get beaten by more athletic guards. This was true in elementary school when i played against him. This was true in middle school when i played against him. This was true in high school when I played against him. This was true last weekend when FSU beat UF.

Now don't get me started on Chandler Parsons.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

Calathes isn't a very good player (NBA). I have significant experience playing against him and he tends to get beaten by more athletic guards. This was true in elementary school when i played against him. This was true in middle school when i played against him. This was true in high school when I played against him. This was true last weekend when FSU beat UF.

Now don't get me started on Chandler Parsons.

Well David Thorpe think he's a NBA talent, and I'll take his advice over your anyday.