Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Something must be done or Dwight won't make it....

If the NBA doesn't start protecting one of its most valuable assets with fines and suspensions, the Magic need to bring in some real tough big men to lay the law when teams get carried away with the fouls. The better Dwight gets the harder these fouls will get and right now there is no price to pay for these cheap fouls. Noone wants to have the star on their own team getting beat up and thats what we need to start doing in return if this continues. Dwight won't make it, I'm not worried about his back, I'm worried about the broken thumb or a shoulder injury.

If the NBA doesn't start protecting one of its most valuable assets with fines and suspensions, the Magic need to bring in some real tough big men to lay the law when teams get carried away with the fouls. The better Dwight gets the harder these fouls will get and right now there is no price to pay for these cheap fouls. Noone wants to have the star on their own team getting beat up and thats what we need to start doing in return if this continues. Dwight won't make it, I'm not worried about his back, I'm worried about the broken thumb or a shoulder injury.

I do think we need a banger.

JJ/Bogans and possibly cook are all assets to be traded. Our sg should be locked up by Pietrus/Lee for the next 5 years+

We just need that rebounding guy to come in off the bench, and basically do what Battie is doing, but better.

Nick Collison is the first name that comes to mind.

Would Coach Stan tell some of his players like Battie and Bogans to man up and start protecting their superstar or is that something that doesn't happen anymore in basketball?? Those two come to mind as pretty tough guys that have been in the league long enough to know how to handle something like that.

Who was the last Magic player to get in a fight anyway??? Was it Keyon throwing hands with Ray Allen....that was classic.

Noah's riding the pine in Chicago - could probably be had cheap.

The catch is getting someone that as value to us while not giving up Hedo ('Shard, 'Meer, and Dwight obviously being off the table).

Frankly, most teams aren't really interested in our smorgasbord of crap (Cook, JJ, etc). We really need to find a diamond in the rough rather than go for someone else's elite big man.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

Rick Mahorn, Charles Oakley, and Bill Laimbeer. Problem solved.

If the plan involves a time machine, why settle? And if it doesn't involve a time machine, have you seen what those guys look like? Laimbeer looks like he found his long lost twin and ate him.

quote:
Originally posted by Aron-Ingi:

I would like a Danny Fortson type of player...then nobdoy would mess with Dwight...

100% right...if we had a fortson type player on our team to put some hard hits on the other team's star, i think the cheap shots on dwight would subside. If the nba isn't going to protect him, i think we need to find our own way of protecting him.

Here's the scenario...dwight takes a hard foul, stan makes a quiet motion to someone on the bench, they come in and deliver a hard foul(not a cheap shot) on the other team's star. It would accomplish a few things, it would limit the hard fouls on dwight and it would also put the fear of god into the other team's star from taking it into the paint where our bully would be.

I wish gortat would be that type of player, but he seems too hesitant and nice. If we could put cook's mentality into gortat's body, we would have our enforcer. We need a guy that we won't miss too much if he gets suspended a few games.

I think Bogans & Gortat could be the rough um up guys for us. Gortat really doesnt have a role atm with our team and Bogans to me looks like he could be a physical guard. When they start beating up Dwight Throw Gortat in for 5-10 minutes and let him shoulder check a driving player.