Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Portland Trail Blazers, 12/9 10:00pm

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

they just showed a replay on espn...it looks like that shot from portland was released before the shot clock buzzer. Probably caught a break there.

now follow me here...it gets complicated. If you're a believer in karma, you'll like this.

Ok, last year we had a game against houston where foyle apparently got a tip in at the buzzer that would have tied the game and it wasn't counted...end result: we lost

next, at the beginning of this season, houston was playing portland and houston got the benefit of a poor call that allowed yao to hit a ft to but them up by one. Roy came down to the other end of the floor and drilled a ridiculous fadeaway 35 footer for the win. Replays show the clock wasn't started right away and roy probably wouldn't have gotten it off in time if it had been...end result: houston loses

now tonight, the refs mess up and it works against portland...they lose.

unfortunately for us, we have hit a lot of game winners and probably have our fair share of negative karma coming our way. That is...if you believe in karma

food for thought.

Three way karma, I like it.

ESPN seemed to like SVG's goofing off in the postgame interview just as much as Hedo's shot. Meanwhile, NBA Gametime on NBA TV made Hedo's game winner their #1 play of the night. LeBron's casual breakaway dunk was #2.

Take THAT, King!

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Oden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Howard

We lose by 20+ tonight.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!

NBA.. Where the kids leaves Magic Boards

I just watched the replay....

HE-DO HE-DOES!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

Maybe this will quiet some of the naysayers for a bit...you know...the ones who have been saying we have a gaudy record because we haven't beaten anybody of significance.

Well, the Blazers have a decent/good record...need I say they were undefeated at home...?

Go Magic!!!!!

Hedo with another crazy shot, tis funny with Hedo, if he misses it we crucify, but when he makes it we hold him high above our heads.

I like that, a guy who is willing ot take the blame when he misses, but not afraid. And lord knows he misses alot of those, but I guess all those misses are rectified by the one that falls in. But know it, if in a week he takes that same shot and misses, we will drop him faster then a flaming canary.

quote:
Originally posted by SarGe:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Oden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Howard

We lose by 20+ tonight.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!

NBA.. Where the kids leaves Magic Boards

The Magic Message Board....where posters don't understand sarcasm.

UnFREAKINbelievable. I was really tired last night and got really annoyed when Portland pulled away at the end that I turned the game off with about 1:30 left. I avoided all sports news this morning until now, and look what I find.

HEDO WITH THE BANK SHOT. AHHHHHHH

Excuse me while I go punch myself in the face for turning the game off early.

Wow, I hate myself...

wow, I almost did too... but then thought man all we need is three threes and two stops and we win this thing... well three threes and two stops later... WOOHOO...

I think it was like four stops actually but still...

I watched it, and didn't think it had a chance of going in. Needless to say, it took me atleast a good half hour to come down after jumping around as if we had just won a title.

Gotta love those kind of games though. It's what makes this game so great.