Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Game Thread: Magic @ Clippers, 12/8 10:30pm

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
Tmac was amazing but between a healthy Tmac at his peak and a healthy Penny, Tmac aint' got nothing on Penny

Gotta disagree with that. Tmac in his prime was the best player in the league. Penny never was.

Tmac was arguable tne 2nd best guard for a time after Kobe because there was no more Jordan and Penny was an arthritic player who was basically only hitting jumpshots by then

Tmac was real good around the basket pretty much like Kobe, but with a much worse jumper and nowhere the team player Penny and Jordan were

Furthermore Tmac's game at times looked ugly, maybe those skinny legs

well im pretty confident that this is how the game will go the rest of the way...we're just getting worked so hard on the glass and with the hustle...we'll need to shoot 60% from this point on if were going to play like this...

geez I cant wait for our game tomorrow...

I challenge anyone here go back and look at our roster for the 2002-2003 season and tell me T-Mac wasn't the best player in the league for that short period of time. He almost beat the best team in the in the East by himself in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

I was a big McGrady fan, but it never occurred to me that we has the best player in the league. Easy to be the scoring champ in our pitiful team years ago.

In their primes, I'd definitely take Penny over T-Mac.

agree on both counts. When he was with the Magic Tmac was my favorite player in the whole league. Didn't really care for him after he left and became more of a jump-shooting player in Houston (boring)