Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Somebody is gettin' traded; Otis wants a PG(Chucky Atkins?) Forget Marbury(Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Anybody know why Collison only played 4 minutes against us the other night?

I was thinking the same yesterday night.

He checks in after Wilcox went on foul trouble, shots an awful airball, got abused by Dwight, pick two quick fouls and never re-entered the game, altough he didn't seem to suffer any injuries.

I have seen him playing two games (not considering yesterday) and I'm not really sold on him.

I would like to see K-bo resigne too, but I doubt we'll find the cap space to do it, altough a lot of things could change before next summer.

I would take Atkins only giving up Cook, but I consider that very unlikely.

Anyway, I think that Denver gives up the hope to have cap space for big free agents aquisitions when they make the Billups/Iverson deal (that BTW is working very well for them in term of results) and they're only interested in not paying the luxury tax.

As my name suggests, I'm just getting back into watching the NBA now that CLEE is in Orlando (convenient for me as I loved Orlando in the Penny and T-Mac days), so I'm still getting used to who's here and what their contracts look like. I would do all I could to keep Bogans. He won't ever be an All-Star but he is solid. I would focus on trading Hedo and clearing room for 2010 and possibly making a run at one of the cheaper "big name" options. A core group (in 2010) of Howard, Lewis, Nelson, Pietrus and Lee plus a potential big name/talent would be formidable as hell in the Eastern Conference, especially with Howard and Lee continuing to develop. As far as the current trading scenario, if you have to move Bogans, you have to get something better than Atkins, and probably younger. Ideally a combo of JJ/Cook for a young post player would be the most beneficial I believe, as you would still have Nelson/AJ/Lee at point, with Pietrus/Bogans/Lee at SG. Just my thoughts there.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

As my name suggests, I'm just getting back into watching the NBA now that CLEE is in Orlando (convenient for me as I loved Orlando in the Penny and T-Mac days), so I'm still getting used to who's here and what their contracts look like. I would do all I could to keep Bogans. He won't ever be an All-Star but he is solid. I would focus on trading Hedo and clearing room for 2010 and possibly making a run at one of the cheaper "big name" options. A core group (in 2010) of Howard, Lewis, Nelson, Pietrus and Lee plus a potential big name/talent would be formidable as hell in the Eastern Conference, especially with Howard and Lee continuing to develop. As far as the current trading scenario, if you have to move Bogans, you have to get something better than Atkins, and probably younger. Ideally a combo of JJ/Cook for a young post player would be the most beneficial I believe, as you would still have Nelson/AJ/Lee at point, with Pietrus/Bogans/Lee at SG. Just my thoughts there.

as much as i like the idea of getting rid of jj/cook at the same time i don't think anyone wants them, we're seriously having trouble trading jj for a guy wearing a suit on memphis' bench, and i'm wondering if he'd have more trade value if we would have left him on the bench, lol that mystery would have done him some good.

i think with the money this club is willing to spend in the offseason the best possible player we could pick up if we traded hedo... is probably hedo, alot of teams are clearing room for alot of players, and i'm not sure if we'll get the luxury of a 6'10 crazy turkish sg/sf when the time to sign people... who knows it might be someone better.

i personally hate it when hedo takes that dumb bailout 3 with 10 seconds left on the clock, and he makes me nervous at times, but on the other hand when the other team is watching tape and getting ready for the magic... what exactly are they going to say about turk and his tendancys? oh he might shoot a wild three, or might drive to the lane, or go half way pass it... i don't even have a clue as to what he'll do, and stan hates it, but he still puts him out there because 9 times out of 10 the other team has no clue what hedo is up to.

i'm all for getting a 'real' PF here so we can have a different look at times, and at least have more people contribute off that bench instead of cook just sitting there playing nintendo ds. but for the money that the magic will have to spend even with hedo gone, i don't think we'll get a good shot at what we need. it's going to be a gamble but trading for a young pf, or even waiting for the draft might be the way to go. with rashard taking up as much cap room as he is for now, and considering our other players, we'll need to pick very well come draft day because rookies will have to be contributers if we ever want to make a deep playoff/championship (knock on wood) run.

quote:
Updated: The Orlando Magic announced today that they have waived seldom used swing player Jeremy Richardson. Richardson appeared in just one game this season for the Magic and did not score in his two minutes of game time.

The move cleared out a roster spot, which is expected to go to Denver's Chucky Atkins, the Magic have been in talks with Denver for the past few days and this move seems to clear the way.

Atkins is coming off, off-season knee surgery and has played sparingly in the Nuggets last 5 games. Atkins has two years left on his deal

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Updated: The Orlando Magic announced today that they have waived seldom used swing player Jeremy Richardson. Richardson appeared in just one game this season for the Magic and did not score in his two minutes of game time.

The move cleared out a roster spot, which is expected to go to Denver's Chucky Atkins, the Magic have been in talks with Denver for the past few days and this move seems to clear the way.

Atkins is coming off, off-season knee surgery and has played sparingly in the Nuggets last 5 games. Atkins has two years left on his deal

quote:

Our TE for Atkins would be a horrendous deal for so many reasons.

I don't think it would be that bad.....I would like to dump Cook off but Denver wants to lose cap not gain it.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

Our TE for Atkins would be a horrendous deal for so many reasons.

I don't think it would be that bad.....I would like to dump Cook off but Denver wants to lose cap not gain it.

Well if they took Bogans and Wilks with their expiring contracts then they are in so much better shape for next year. Plus if I recall Wilks won't actually be on their payroll it's just for the sake of the trade to get salaries to match. So that trade would save them money right away.

This afternoon's chat with Pree:

quote:

Chase in Asheville:

So Pree, is this trade for Chucky Atkins going down soon for the Magic?

Preetom Bhattacharya:

They waived Jeremy Richardson, which means they may have opened up a spot for Chuck and are looking to take advantage of the Nuggets wanting to get under the luxury tax. I'm thinking Redick for Chucky straight up, but however it happens, it looks like it'll be soon. Some other teams are talking to the Nuggets about Chucky, too, but I think the Magic will win out.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=75