Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Gamethread - Magic @ Washington 11/27

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMang352:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMang352:

Even though we are playing back-to-back games we win this one big, 105-90.

WHO IS THE MAN!!!!

WOW!

Garbarge time in this game should of came with about 4 minutes left.. the Wiz were really no threat to go on a run because to go on a run, you need stops. Washington only managed that once in the 2nd quarter, and even that was a minor upset.

Little mistakes like this add up over the course of a long season. And gee, we wonder why Hedo had no legs against Detroit last season.

Good job MagicMang.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

"The question is whose the fourth best team in the East"

Oh my goodness. A member of the National Media has just said we are on the same level as Cleveland and Boston. I am floored

Yeah, but Fratello is not an idiot.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

When I look at the boxscore, only one thing sticks out to me.

Anthony Johnson, 12 assists, 0 turnovers.

Impressive, to say the least...

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

When I look at the boxscore, only one thing sticks out to me.

Anthony Johnson, 12 assists, 0 turnovers.

that's phenomenal

Hedo didn't do too bad either, with a double double. 20 points, 10 boards.

Oh and to cap off his great assist/turnover ratio, AJ also went 2 for 2 from behind the arc.

This game was very reminiscent of our win over OKC.

Dwight Howard shows up. Magic win. Everyone goes home.

Stock Up:

Anthony Johnson. (So I had to pick a Magic player in NBA Pick One Challenge tonight. I mean, its the Wizards! I nearly picked A.J. but switched to Pietrus. I would of been thrilled either way.

We'll get to Pietrus later, but first A.J. 7 points including hitting both 3 pointers he attempted. 4 rebounds... and 12 assists against zero turnovers.

Welcome back Mr. Preseason. So Jameer's out a week to ten days... ha! What's the big deal??)

Turnovers. (Two games ago... 18. Last night... 17. Tonight? Only 11. A major reason the Wiz couldn't make runs was because we limited their fast break game.)

Dwight Howard. (He made it to the arena safely. Game over. 26 points on 8 of 12 shooting, and many of them were on excellent post moves. 14 boards. 3 blocks. 2 assists, and generally good passes out of the post when he was double teamed, which led to swing passes on the perimeter, which led to open shots. And finally, a steal.

Now the weak areas. Not weak tonight. Only 2 turnovers and 10 of 14 from the free throw line. That's 23 of 32 in the past two games for 71.8 percent.)

3 Point Defense. (Again.. the trend continues. And with a team that shoots so many threes like Washington, its time to start taking notice.

Washington shot a putrid 3 of 17 from Three Land.)

Assists. (Twenty-six?? That's a truckload for the Magic. Ball movement didn't let up tonight.)

Mickael Pietrus. (17 points on 8 of 13 shooting, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Now that's the Pietrus I know! He made great curls and hard cuts, spaced his fouls out, and only had 2 turnovers. Definitely better than last night in the turnovers, and he along with pretty much every Magic guard played good defense. Stevenson, Daniels, and Dee Brown all shot poorly, and Nick Young was nothing to write home about at 3 for 7 from the field.)

Hedo Turkoglu. (20 points on 7 of 16 shooting, although he couldn't hit any threes. However, he's continuing to shoot his free throws well, and a bunch of them. He had 3 assists against a turnover, a steal, and most impressively he recorded his first double double with 10 rebounds. Good job basically being the backup point guard and driving the lane with better court vision tonight, I thought. Sometimes he still can't seem to buy a layup though. He misses like, 2 out of every 3. Or at least that's what it feels like.)

Stock In The Middle:

Courtney Lee. (He shot 2 of 5 from the field for 5 points, had an assist, and 2 boards in a little over 11 minutes played. I thought he looked more comfortable on offense, while on D I thought he stumbled a bit again. No real surprise that Butler shot over him, he shot over everyone tonight. But Nick Young had a couple of good moments on Lee too. So his Stock is slightly up on offense, slightly down on defense. I'm just saying for the first time this season he's actually looked a little vulnerable over the past 2 games after stellar play beforehand.)

Stock Down:

J.J. Redick. (His defense was still pretty solid but he only shot 3 for 9 and what I really don't like was the 5 turnovers. He did some nice things like a couple of boards in traffic and a really good steal, but this was clearly not one of his better games.)

Three Point Shooting. (Only 6 of 19. That's in the low 30 percentile rather than the high 30's like its been over the past couple few games. I'm just sayin'... at least this wasn't a night where we jacked up 30 shots and only hit about 8 of them. 6 of 19 means less three point misses and again... less run outs for the Wiz.)

Not much to be down about in an easy win like this. In case you're wondering, I didn't mention Rashard because I felt like it was a very average game from him, in all areas. Although I like the 4 assists and only shooting 3 threes, yet still shooting 14 total shots. But he did his thang and that's about it. Same goes for Battie.

The Magic are 12-4 and building a bit of a small cushion on ATL in the division and on Detroit for 3rd place in the East. Indiana's next, and I'm calling it a trap game. However, if everyone, especially Battie and A.J., keep playing at their current levels Indy's going to have a very rough time trying to beat us in our house.

So that's two games, on the road no less, that the Magic survive without Jameer. So until Saturday night....

Good night and good luck.