Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

...we need that other PG**with update from Kyler Grizz and Magic info update pg 5

It's funny how I read through this whole thread from page 4 and could anticipate what was gonna be said on the next page. Although Redick losing the Houston game is a new one.

Critt for Redick straight up.. I'd have a problem with doing that right this second, I would of wanted Redick to show his stuff for 2 or 3 weeks to see if we can start getting some more trade options for this guy than just one.

Now Critt & Warrick for J.J. & Cook... now we're talking. The difference between Warrick and Cook is night and day. Cook just doesn't have any intangibles. His version of defense is fouling, he can't dribble more than twice in a row... he truly is the black Pat Garrity, right down to his 3.5 million dollar contract. Although at least Garrity would go hustle for some rebounds.

Anyway, I've got a problem with putting in that first round pick. Now that's just Memphis trying to rake us over the coals. I think Redick has finally shown himself to be a solid backup 2-guard in this league since preseason, and has made a Warrick/Critt - Redick/Cook trade fair, straight up. If memphis wants us to throw in a first, they need to be throwing in a Lowry (or Conley, but they're far too high on him) instead of Critt.

I don't want upside/potential mysteries for first round picks. And no, I don't care that we have a TE. Having the ability to get another pick doesn't justify throwing the pick we have away.

That being said, I think this is all overreaction. We don't need to panic and trade.

So if I hear or read:

1. "The Orlando Magic have signed [insert halfway decent street FA here] with the vet minimum to be their third point guard."

or

2. "The Orlando Magic have traded J.J. Redick and Brian Cook to the Memphis Grizzlies for Hakim Warrick and Javaris Crittenton."

or

3. "The Orlando Magic have traded J.J. Redick, Brian Cook, and their 1st Round Pick in the 2009 NBA Draft to the Memphis Grizzlies for Hakim Warrick and Kyle Lowry (or Conley)."

-then I'll be happy. Anything else, I'll bang my head against the computer. By the way, don't bother trying to change my mind, I've already seen 14 pages of opinions. I just figured I'd throw my 2 cents in there, for whatever its worth.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

But where were they drafted?

Rondo, Udrih, Farmar, Rodriguez, Brooks, Jack, Williams, Koponen, Dickau where the guys drafted in the 20's.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

Majority of them were selected outside of the lottery.

20's?

Off the top of my head...

Rondo, Farmar, Beno, Rodriguez, Brooks, and Jack were all in the 20's.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

Majority of them were selected outside of the lottery.

20's?

Off the top of my head...

Rondo, Farmar, Beno, Rodriguez, Brooks, and Jack were all in the 20's.

That's my point, there have been quite a few solid ones to come out but not many in the late first. It's a gamble. We could always purchase a late first rounder.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Here it is people....The first round point guards drafted from 2002-2007

All-Stars:

Deron Williams

Chris Paul

Good Starters:

Kirk Hinrich

TJ Ford

Devis Harris-Should be an all-star this year

Jameer Nelson

Rajon Rondo

Starters:

Luke Ridnour

Sebastian Telfair

Beno Udrih

Raymond Felton

Mike Conley Jr.

Solid Role Guys:

Jordan Farmar

Sergio Rodriguez

Rodney Stuckey

Sergio Rodriguez

Acie Law IV

No PT but still in the NBA:

Marcus Banks

Jarrett Jack

Marcus Williams

JCritt

Do not know who the heck he is:

Petteri Koponen

Out of the League:

Jay Williams-Would have been good imo

Shaun Livingston-Freak injury

Frank Williams

Dan Dickau

Troy Bell

So its not like there have been a ton of busts in the last few drafts as far as point guards are concerned. So I think the pick itself has a little more value than some might think if you are thinking point guard.

All of the bolded players, were drafted in the 20s. Tony Parker was also drafted in the late 20s in 2001, and Ramon Session when in the 2nd round of the 07 draft.

The 09 draft class will be very deep at the PG position, and alot of them will most likely fall into the 20s.

Get Carlos Arroyo !!!!

He is in great shap right now, and playing consistent basketball.Look him up in the Euroleague page he haves 2 of the top 10 plays.

Carlos loves Orlando and he know the team perfectly, Dont forget who ran the team on a wining streak last year when Jameer went down.He went like on a 6 game streak.

And maybe having him back cold get your arena full like it was last year..........

quote:
Originally posted by JC Aponte:

Get Carlos Arroyo !!!!

He is in great shap right now, and playing consistent basketball.Look him up in the Euroleague page he haves 2 of the top 10 plays.

Carlos loves Orlando and he know the team perfectly, Dont forget who ran the team on a wining streak last year when Jameer went down.He went like on a 6 game streak.

And maybe having him back cold get your arena full like it was last year..........

He can reduce the unemployment rate from 6.8%? WOW!

Wouldn't be a bad idea except how does he get out of his contract and if he could why would he leave that money for the vet min?

I don't see anything that indicates trade talks between Orlando & Memphis are open besides speculation.

Why on earth would Memphis be interested in Cook? Further, Mayo is playing 40 a night, & scoring 20 a night. Why would they be interested in JJ when they already have 3 backup SG's?

Ivy is a D'Antoni protege who had a new team philosophy thrust upon him by ownership this summer. He's not thrilled about it, he's got a starting lineup with 3 rookies, a 2nd year player, & a 3rd year player. Of course they are going to struggle & of course the coach is going to make excuses. Wallace has a plan in Memphis and Ivy probably isn't a big part of it. I wouldn't read to much into frustrated comments from their coach.

I'm not saying trade talks couldn't resume between these two teams, but I have a pretty good idea what Memphis is looking for, and I'd be stunned if they moved J-Crit &/or Hak without getting a 1st rounder or dumping a bad contract. Further, I would be equally surprised if Otis moved our 2009 1st rounder.

quote:

Wouldn't be a bad idea except how does he get out of his contract and if he could why would he leave that money for the vet min?

I read somewhere today that he was not happy in his current situation. let me see if I can find that comment.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I don't see anything that indicates trade talks between Orlando & Memphis are open besides speculation.

Why on earth would Memphis be interested in Cook? Further, Mayo is playing 40 a night, & scoring 20 a night. Why would they be interested in JJ when they already have 3 backup SG's?

Ivy is a D'Antoni protege who had a new team philosophy thrust upon him by ownership this summer. He's not thrilled about it, he's got a starting lineup with 3 rookies, a 2nd year player, & a 3rd year player. Of course they are going to struggle & of course the coach is going to make excuses. Wallace has a plan in Memphis and Ivy probably isn't a big part of it. I wouldn't read to much into frustrated comments from their coach.

I'm not saying trade talks couldn't resume between these two teams, but I have a pretty good idea what Memphis is looking for, and I'd be stunned if they moved J-Crit &/or Hak without getting a 1st rounder or dumping a bad contract.

I think you mentioned you heard what Otis is up to. Mind sharing with the rest of the class? lol