Sign in to follow this  
Penny Hardaway's Ghost

Keith Bogans to miss 4-6 weeks (Fractured Thumb)

quote:
Magic guard Keith Bogans will be out anywhere from three-to-six weeks after sustaining an avulsion fracture of his thumb in his left hand.

He didn't offer too much fantasy value when healthy, but this should mean some extra minutes for J.J. Redick and Courtney Lee off the bench, as they back up Mickael Pietrus and Hedo Turkoglu.

Source: Orlando Sentinel

Bad news, but at least it's an injury in the most covered position.

More minutes to develop JJ and CLee, and learning time for MP.

I think that SVG was giving him time to learn before using him in the last minutes, sometimes he still forget his man on defense, but now... he'll learn on the field.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Anybody think besides JJ and Lee getting time, that Jeremy Richardson will be activated on some nights as well?

Or Foyle, depending on the matchuos like we've seen on saturday.

Well, not it's time for Lee and Redick to step up big time.

For Redick, this is the best chance he'll ever get to prove himself worthy or not. It's his own fault if he falls flat on his face.

For Lee, time to show if you're just a rookie at this point or if you can contribute.

Sucks for Bogans, he was playing well.

I wouldn't expect much for tonights game. I bet SVG plays Peaches 42 minutes if he stays out of foul trouble, and Lewis plays the 3 with Battie getting more minutes at the 4 when Hedo is out.

Does anyone know if Hedo is playing tonight or does the Turkoflu still have control of his soul?

i think this could be a blessing in disguise. obviously for the reasons mentioned already about developing our depth...but also bogans has shown a tendency to start the season strong but tail off to downright horrible by the end of the season...maybe this break will give him a chance to rest up and come back after the new year and give us a real spark heading into the playoffs. hope he heals well.

quote:

I wouldn't expect much for tonights game. I bet SVG plays Peaches 42 minutes if he stays out of foul trouble, and Lewis plays the 3 with Battie getting more minutes at the 4 when Hedo is out.

Does anyone know if Hedo is playing tonight or does the Turkoflu still have control of his soul?

I think he lost his soul to the Dread Pirate Roberts.

quote:

I doubt it. The Bucks have been playing Bell and Sessions at the 2, so I think this will be a better matchup game for Lee.

quote:

From the OS preview:

quote:
SF Hedo Turkoglu missed the game but is expected to return tonight. It was the first game he has missed this season after playing in all 82 last season

Bogans could be a really clutch 3 point shooter. Let's see if JJ can pick up that slack... Clee will do as good a defensive job I think, so i m not too worried, but a significant lose if JJ and clee can't hit shots.