Sign in to follow this  
bro

three reasons why Pietrus is the most pleasant surprise.

The season's early surprises, from 1-15

story

'14. Mickael Pietrus, Magic

I was suspicious about whether Pietrus could stay on the court enough to make an impact for Orlando, but he has cut his foul rate to about one every nine minutes, which has been enough to let him play 26.8 minutes per game.

And when he's played, he's been exceptional. Pietrus is hitting 45.2 percent of his 3s, and although that success rate might not last, his ability to drive to the basket with conviction is something he showed little of in Golden State. Pietrus is averaging 21.6 points per 40 minutes with a gaudy 65.4 true shooting percentage -- not bad for a guy brought in primarily to be a defensive stopper.'

peitrus is from the island guadalupe (sp?) it's cool to say he's french and all on paper, but in reality he's about as french as jamacians and trinidadians are british.

Consistency which comes with a defined role. I've read a lot of his interviews lately and he's mentions this a lot. That helps when a player knows what he's expected to do night in and night out. Not guarding Nash one quarter, then Amare the next.

Confidence from the coaching staff and teammates. I think for the first time, he's actually being coached! He's more aggressive offensively, shot looks better and (don't want to jinx it) the FT % jump is nice!

Dwight Howard. Playing alongside a dominant big does wonders for perimeter players. Better opportunities all over the place.

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

Consistency which comes with a defined role. I've read a lot of his interviews lately and he's mentions this a lot.

Confidence from the coaching staff and teammates. Also, I think for the first time, he's actually being coached! Don't know what it is, but he's more aggressive offensively, shot looks better and (don't want to jinx it) the FT % jump is nice!

Dwight Howard. Playing alongside a dominant big does wonders for perimeter players. Better opportunities all over the place.

i think peitrus is extremely dominant for his size, i don't care if he fouls out of every game in the 3rd quarter, he would have probably beaten the other team's sg/sf to a pulp by then...excluding lebron. he averages blocks and runs in there for rebounds, so he's basically making up for our lack of a real starting power forward. my next jersey will be a peitrus jersey, he's doing all of the things that helps us win on a nightly basis, he's a dirty work player, which is great for my fantasy team, with him and shawn marion around i'm leading everyone in steals, blocks, free throw percentages. looks like our draft picks and trades are getting better, i'm still not forgiving for the ariza trade.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Warmer climate

Georgia close by

People who support him in the back of their trucks

Those are the 3 reasons why Peaches is succeeding, thus making him a pleasant surprise.

You forget about the people who try to sell him on the side of the road that makes him feel welcomed to the city and part of it.

Peaches is here to stay.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Warmer climate

Georgia close by

People who support him in the back of their trucks

Those are the 3 reasons why Peaches is succeeding, thus making him a pleasant surprise.

You forget about the people who try to sell him on the side of the road that makes him feel welcomed to the city and part of it.

Peaches is here to stay.

That's what I was trying to say. You said it much better. lol

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

playing more minutes a game is a big reason. He is a good addition to this team because he is a good defender and can defend the great SG's of the league...other than that whatever he puts in the hoop is a bonus, for a guy that averages 9 points per game for his career we payed him a lot of money.

Was Hedo overpaid when we signed him to an MLE?

How did that work out?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

playing more minutes a game is a big reason. He is a good addition to this team because he is a good defender and can defend the great SG's of the league...other than that whatever he puts in the hoop is a bonus, for a guy that averages 9 points per game for his career we payed him a lot of money.

How did that work out?

Exactly, people definitely said that we overpaid Turk back in 2004. I think Hedo will consider between 10-12 mill per year.

For one, Pietrus was a much better player than what he demonstrated in GS, mostly because of the inconsistent playing time and the poorly defined roles that all of those players have in that system.

Second, the coaching in Orlando has instilled confidence in him that allows him to play more freely and with more aggression.

Third, the supporting cast in Orlando is much more suitable for his game and actually magnifies his strengths rather than minimizing them.

quote:

For one, Pietrus was a much better player than what he demonstrated in GS, mostly because of the inconsistent playing time and the poorly defined roles that all of those players have in that system.

Second, the coaching in Orlando has instilled confidence in him that allows him to play more freely and with more aggression.

Third, the supporting cast in Orlando is much more suitable for his game and actually magnifies his strengths rather than minimizing them.

no more to say......

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

How did that work out?

Exactly, people definitely said that we overpaid Turk back in 2004. I think Hedo will consider between 10-12 mill per year.

In no way am i defending the contract Otis gave rashard. That was a dumb contract and it hurts the magic for the next 4 years. showing how it hurt the magic was the signing of pietrus. If we would not have signed rashard for that much we would have had some more money and would have gotten Maggette. I like Pietrus just not as much as all of you.