Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

Gamethread: Magic at Mavericks 11/14

A great win against a team desperate for a win, I liked the switch to Green, and bring terry off the bench

For the magic, loved the adjustment on our defense, we finally clamped down.

We played hard and tough, we havent had alot of trouble scoring this year, consitantcy is an issue, but the fact that we didnt give up was huge, this is not a poor dallas team, but I love this win. Great win!!!

I like that we played like we needed and wanted this game, it was great!!!

i feel like they redeemed themselves tonight for that choke in memphis earlier. Mem was a game we should have won and this was a game we should have lost.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

A great win against a team desperate for a win, I liked the switch to Green, and bring terry off the bench

We played hard and tough, we havent had alot of trouble scoring this year, consitantcy is an issue, but the fact that we didnt give up was huge, this is not a poor dallas team, but I love this win. Great win!!!

With both teams scoring over the 100eds none of the team showed any kind of defensive effort. We just hit the timely shot, it could have gone either way. Not a pretty game to watch.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

With both teams scoring over the 100eds none of the team showed any kind of defensive effort. We just hit the timely shot, it could have gone either way. Not a pretty game to watch.

Huh?

No defensive effort? Do you not break down invidivual series? In order to come down from alot of points, you have to be able to score AND stop the other team from scoring. Get it?

quote:

quote:

We held a very dangerous offensive team to 27 points in the final 18 minutes of the game. I would say that's a hell of a defensive effort.

i was there at the game and the magic really pulled through! I was getting heckled the entire game, especialy when dwight took that 10ft shot and it went over the back board.

I just turned arround to the guys talking trash and said YOU JUST WAIT THIS TEAM IS DANGEROUS AND THIS GAME IS NOT OVER. We where getting pounded and the fans where like "You still here? if i was you id be gone by now." I stuck arround and dont you know the fourth quarter belonged to me! I was going crazy jumping arround screaming pointing at every dallas fan that was talking trash and when they tried that inbound and threw it to jameer at the end , i went out to the steps and was yelling its over its over!!!! I was jumping like a crazy man..

WOW I NEVER HAD AN EXPERIENCE LIEK THAT IN MY LIFE! The atmosphere is great in the amway arena but to see our guys suck the wind out of the away crowd...just incredible!

go magic great win!

quote:

quote:

The Russell/Havlicek Celtics may be the greatest defensive team ever, and they gave up well over 110 points a game. Dallas scored 100 because they had a phenomenal number of possessions(as did the Magic), since both teams tried to push the ball for most of the first half. The Magic actually had them limited reasonably well; it just isn't easily reflected in a final score.

Wow....I guess I missed the thriller. I was pretty much upset at how we were playing throughout the game but these players somehow came up with a W.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommaco:

i was there at the game and the magic really pulled through! I was getting heckled the entire game, especialy when dwight took that 10ft shot and it went over the back board.

I just turned arround to the guys talking trash and said YOU JUST WAIT THIS TEAM IS DANGEROUS AND THIS GAME IS NOT OVER. We where getting pounded and the fans where like "You still here? if i was you id be gone by now." I stuck arround and dont you know the fourth quarter belonged to me! I was going crazy jumping arround screaming pointing at every dallas fan that was talking trash and when they tried that inbound and threw it to jameer at the end , i went out to the steps and was yelling its over its over!!!! I was jumping like a crazy man..

WOW I NEVER HAD AN EXPERIENCE LIEK THAT IN MY LIFE! The atmosphere is great in the amway arena but to see our guys suck the wind out of the away crowd...just incredible!

go magic great win!

Sounds great, man! I wish I could have seen it live too! Were you in town for the game, or do you live in Texas?