Sign in to follow this  
E27

Clippers Shopping Kaman (Realgm)

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55365/20081111/clippers_shopping_kaman/

quote:
According to a report in the New York Post, the Clippers are interested in trading Chris Kaman.

The Bobcats have been active in trade talks to upgrade their club and are reportedly interested.

Sources say, however, that Charlotte has no one of consequence Mike Dunleavy desires.

Ok I know it mentions the Bobcats, but I think this could benefit both sides. Thoughts?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55365/20081111/clippers_shopping_kaman/

quote:
According to a report in the New York Post, the Clippers are interested in trading Chris Kaman.

The Bobcats have been active in trade talks to upgrade their club and are reportedly interested.

Sources say, however, that Charlotte has no one of consequence Mike Dunleavy desires.

Ok I know it mentions the Bobcats, but I think this could benefit both sides. Thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

He's a center. We don't need a center.

True, but imagine sliding Dwight down to PF. He would dominate even more on the offensive side. On the defensive end though, he might have to step out further to guard someone so that would hinder him there.

Kaman is a very good rebounder and pretty good defender, so I think it's worth considering in a package for Hedo.

quote:
Dunleavy Shoots Down Rumors: Clipper's GM and head coach Mike Dunleavy addressed the rampant rumors that his club was considering trading center Chris Kaman, after reports from New York indicated the Clips and Bobcats were talking trade. Dunleavy explained that he was approached by the Bobcats and turned them away, calling the leak to the press sour grapes on the Bobcats' part.

"They got the rejection," Dunleavy said. "But they threw it out there that I almost had a dance with somebody."

Kaman for his part took the news in stride, as easily one of the most honest players in the league about his feelings, simply calling the rumors part of the business.

"I enjoy playing here," Kaman said to the LA Times. "I hope I can stay here for a while. But if there are other plans, that's their deal and it's their business... I don't know what the trade was. But it doesn't really matter. If you don't look at it like a business, you're going to get offended too easily."

There is belief that the Clippers would be open to moving the remaining four years and $43 million owed to Kaman. Combined with the ending deals the Clippers have in 2009, moving Kaman for a shorter deal or group of deals would make the Clippers one of the bigger cap players in the summer of 2010. Don't expect that this will be the last of the Chris Kaman rumors, especially once Marcus Camby returns to the lineup. Clippers' sources deny any interest on the part of the club in trading Kaman, but admit that once a rumor gets out that's validated within the team, the next ten will soon follow.

kaman seems to be a center with a good outside shot, dwight is built like pf with no shot so we use him as a center, my argument for dwight being built like a pf comes down to his speed and jumping ability, he can move alot quicker than almost any center in the nba.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

kaman seems to be a center with a good outside shot, dwight is built like pf with no shot so we use him as a center, my argument for dwight being built like a pf comes down to his speed and jumping ability, he can move alot quicker than almost any center in the nba.

Dwight is built more like a center than almost any other center in the league. The fact that he's fast isn't even all that special or interesting, because young Shaq, young Drob and young Hakeem were all faster.