Sign in to follow this  
babad

Sergio rodriguez

The biggest problem with our bench is we lack playmakers who can create for other. This guy can do that for us, AJ is old and should be our emergency 3rd string PG only.

The problem is they don't seem to have much interest in moving him and Otis would have to give away too much.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:

SVG is a PG killer.

Chris Paul can come here and will not play as well under SVG as he as under Byron Scott.

SVG is a front court coach. Proof is when he was in Miami, Lamar Odom played out of his mind. Hedo plays out of his mind in Orlando. The PGs in Miami did not play great under SVG.

Wade?

I don't think SVG killed Nelson. Nelson has been mediocre ever since.

Wade is not a PG.

rafer alston did alright under svg

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Portland has a boat load of PGs and a boat load of big men (same thing goes with OKC for big men). You would think that Otis would be in constant dialogue with those GMs.

I still like the JJ plus the Trade Exception for Frye and Rodriguez deal. Or, if Portland isn't interested in a TE, and instead values either a draft pick or a vet, I say we offer that as well.

BTW, if we were to bring in Rodriguez, within 5 games (after he learned the system) I would want to see him backing up Jameer while moving AJ to the 3rd string role.

You need to rework that trade you can't use the Trade Exception with another player.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Portland has a boat load of PGs and a boat load of big men (same thing goes with OKC for big men). You would think that Otis would be in constant dialogue with those GMs.

I still like the JJ plus the Trade Exception for Frye and Rodriguez deal. Or, if Portland isn't interested in a TE, and instead values either a draft pick or a vet, I say we offer that as well.

BTW, if we were to bring in Rodriguez, within 5 games (after he learned the system) I would want to see him backing up Jameer while moving AJ to the 3rd string role.

You need to rework that trade you can't use the Trade Exception with another player.

In that scenario, he could, since it would register as two independent trades.

quote:

SVG is a PG killer.

Chris Paul can come here and will not play as well under SVG as he as under Byron Scott.

SVG is a front court coach. Proof is when he was in Miami, Lamar Odom played out of his mind. Hedo plays out of his mind in Orlando. The PGs in Miami did not play great under SVG.

SVG saw Wade as PG

He thought he could become one. Wrong assessment/prediction by SVG of Wade. Miami's offense has been a mess whenever Wade played PG. Part of it has been Riley forced to experiment out of desperation. Heat haven't had a decent PG in a while

I wish SVG experimented with our lineup more. IMO he could try JJ/Bogans at the 2 more often and sit down Shard when he's in a shooting funk. At the same time let Gortat or Battie play 4 and help Howard so he doesn't have to shoot as many free throws.

There's a strategy for you Stan my hero

Nelson is far from the ideal PG but I can rub the lamp and see the Lakers for example, using/coaching him the right way and elevating his value in case they trade him later.

I don't see how Nelson's value has increased much after 4 full seasons

What about Hedo & JJ for Pryzbilla & Sergio? I'm the last guy that wants play a more conventional 4 because I think the spacing of Shard at the 4 helps Dwight, but I think it's a good option if we think we need to move Hedo. Gives us an actual playmaker at the point, and some inside help...what seem to be our two weaknesses at this point. Gives them a guy in Hedo who could legitimately put them near the top of the conference and they get out from under the Pryzbilla contract. I think Jameer coming off the bench as a scoring point would be perfect for both the starting unit (that needs more of a distributor) and the bench (which needs some scoring punch.)

I think maybe JJ and a draft pick for sergio

we can't pick anyway and if we do have a good pick

svg doesn't let them play so why waste a draft pick

put it to good use and use it in a trade

so maybe like this http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...s=22~19~19&te=&cash=

we get rid of cook and put in a first round draft pick

get sergio and frye

they probably won't accept but it's worth a shot

what does portland need anyway?