Sign in to follow this  
babad

Sergio rodriguez

what about trading for him.

I don't know if he is a sg or pg but if you see his numbers.

more than 3 assists in less then 10 minutes.

this has to count for something.

the dude als earns just 1 000 000 a year so he's not really expensive.

maybe trade him for redick and first rounder.

like it or not but reddick is done in orlando. the dude just lost his last chance by shooting so badly in the first three matches (it sucks for him because having a bad shooting start just cost him his place on this team but that's how is is)

what about trading for him.

I don't know if he is a sg or pg but if you see his numbers.

more than 3 assists in less then 10 minutes.

this has to count for something.

the dude als earns just 1 000 000 a year so he's not really expensive.

maybe trade him for redick and first rounder.

like it or not but reddick is done in orlando. the dude just lost his last chance by shooting so badly in the first three matches (it sucks for him because having a bad shooting start just cost him his place on this team but that's how is is)

I don't know about the actual trade pieces but I really like the idea of trading for Sergio Rodriguez. Portland is stacked at PG (Blake, Fernandez, Bayless, Rodriguez) and it seems that Sergio wants out of there. Check out this Interview:

quote:
So you are frustrated about your playing time?

- It's not only playing time. I've been here for three years. I really love everything. I think I am not in the plans that Coach has.

Have you tried to talk to Coach?

- We had a hard start of the season and I didn't want to talk to him before, during the Lakers. I think I played a good preseason, I felt good, I been working all summer long, for put myself ready for the season. After the first game, I am asking many questions to myself. I don't think I'm good right now. I feel bad.

So do you want to be traded?

- I mean. I told him last year and told everybody here that I want to play. I think this is a really good spot. I really love everything here. But I cannot be 3 years playing the same, be the third point guard for 3 years. I got to try other things.

Source: http://www.blazersedge.com/2008/11/7/656213/today-s-practice-report-se

I mentioned this last week as a possibility when reports surfaced that his agent had asked Portland for a trade. Combine Rodriguez with Frye and I would think most of our problems were solved. I also don't think it would cost us Hedo. Therefore, maybe we could offer them something like JJ & Cook (I doubt Cook has any value for them though) or JJ and a future 1st round pick. Or maybe JJ and our TE.

Jameer/Rodriguez/AJ

Pietrus/Lee

Hedo/Bogans/Richardson

Shard/Frye/Battie

Dwight/Gortat/Foyle

Looks good to me.

This from Kyler's morning report...it talks about guys on the trading block.

quote:

Sergio Rodriguez: Portland guard Sergio Rodriguez put himself on the trade market through his agent last week, basically blindsiding the Blazers. All sides have talked through Sergio's unhappiness which revolves around being in Portland for three years and still not having a clearly defined role on the team. That does not change the fact that others teams have seen what Sergio is capable of and it seems the Blazers are at least open to trade talks, but were very clear with the press saying they'd rather keep Sergio in town than make a bad deal. Sergio is owed just over $1 million this year, $1.8 million next season and a qualifying offer year in 2010 at $2.8 million. Sergio is averaging 9 minutes per game and is 4 for 14 from the field on the season, but his 3.3 assists per game average is impressive considering how little playing time he's seen. The Magic host the Blazers tonight in Orlando, it will be interesting to see how much time Sergio gets this week.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10539

And this is something he told me privately although he said to his knowledge there is nothing going on...

quote:

By the way... Sergio for JJ works under the cap and shaves some cash off

the cap for the Magic... and he is good friends with Fran Vasquez.

Portland has a boat load of PGs and a boat load of big men (same thing goes with OKC for big men). You would think that Otis would be in constant dialogue with those GMs.

I still like the JJ plus the Trade Exception for Frye and Rodriguez deal. Or, if Portland isn't interested in a TE, and instead values either a draft pick or a vet, I say we offer that as well.

BTW, if we were to bring in Rodriguez, within 5 games (after he learned the system) I would want to see him backing up Jameer while moving AJ to the 3rd string role.

yeah we're living in a pipe dream, do you think otis can pull that off? i wish someoen can tell me what he does in his office all day, if he's there. a big problem for him i'm guessing is that stan sticks to a small rotation, so everyone is basically worthless that isn't in that 8 man lineup, jj laid a serious egg at the begining of the season, so i'm guessing that we'd have to send cook out as well, still no real problem with it... someone plese check out this guy's mug from okla. city, i was doing research on smack's post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3477

harry from harry and the hendersons.

quote:
Originally posted by thejoeywright:

cunning stunt you are a genius. and my personal hero.

lol hey joey, glad to see you joined the forum, and i dig the avatar.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by thejoeywright:

cunning stunt you are a genius. and my personal hero.

lol hey joey, glad to see you joined the forum, and i dig the avatar.

this board will never be the same again.

but i really dont see portland taking jj for sergio. we really would have to put a draft pick in there.

Sergio is not the type of player that could mesh well with SVG from my point of view.

He's a up-tempo PG, while we seem to be headed to another direction (slower pace).

And probably he'll not find in Orlando the playing time he's searching for.

BTW, Rudy Fernandez is not a PG and probably will not ever be.