Sign in to follow this  
obamanation

THE OFFICIAL TRADE TURKOGLU IDEAS THREAD

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

face what? there is nothing to face...your opinion, vs. my opinion...there is zero way to prove either side...

Lee and Douby similar? way off there...better refer to the scouting reports on that one...

Turk fits Stans current Orlando scheme, yes...you honestly expect me to believe that Stan wouldn't know what to do with Salmons should we lose Hedo? so if Stan accepted the job in Sacramento, what would he have been forced to do with Salmons then?

coaches are forced to make changes all the time...if they cant, they suck and usually get the axe...

Like I said before this deal doesn't allow Lewis to move back to his natural position, so in the end were better off keeping Turk.

As far as Douby and C-Lee, there pretty much similar offensively, but Lee is a better defender than Douby. So what do you mean by I'm way off?

i think the only trade i saw possible was to the clippers for matt kaman, it's probably the only one the magic organization would go for, but we'd give up a pretty good player in hedo, i know he isn't great, and i know he's streaky, but he's still pretty good to have around, i actually trust him when he launches the crazy 3 ball even though i hate to see it.

matt kaman woud give us a pretty good front court and i'm not sure about his jumper status but rashard not having to worry about power forward duties could free this team up to play in alot of situations. and we all know what kaman can do, but i don't think kaman wants to leave a situation where he isn't the go to big man to walk into another one, unless he doesn't like the whole idea of the team to begin with, the clippers have a history of making bad decisions, we could swipe a real big man here.

my left field idea of the month is trading our scrubs for another teams scrub that would fit better, i mean we're seemingly not using jj, cookie, battie(i know we sort of use him but gortat can fill roles and this trade would bring back a pf type player), and we don't even have to trade all of them but we just need to get one unproven, young, raw, PF from another team, and in this case i'll use sacramento's :icon_biggrin.gifonte Greene SF 20 6-11 226 Syracuse $809,300::: i saw a few plays with him, and i know you can't judge someone by that, but he can obviously run, jump, lay the ball in, and play good defense at pf, so i'll use him as a prime example. if you inserted someone with height and the ability to score from anywhere within 5 feet of the rim even into the starting lineup then we could actually use him as a starter. we'd just start him between shard and dwight, and yes he'll be a liability at times, but most of the time he'd fill in great on the defensive end, and to tell you the truth if you left dwight one on one without the threat of a double team then d12 could score alot easier and even dump the ball off to (young pf) for an easy slam/lay up, it's an easier pass to make instead of passing outside. not to compare nba to rec. league but we'd do this alot, find a body to fill in between spots of two better players and he'd actually play better due to their abitlity to play/and also clean up their scraps, that and we'd have a deeper bench which is pretty important when your in a running battle. then in turn you'd have hedo still here to at least come off the bench, bogans would be there, and if i didn't use sacramento we could probably find a young unproven pg as well, sacramento has 2 pg's on their roster, i doubt they're giving up beno to anyone. well i know it's a crazy idea and everyone in that magic organization would fall off their seats laughing at me if i brought the idea up, but i like to think outside the box, i like matchup problems for the other team, and i live for strategic moves. it would be great if we could get an awesome pf and keep hedo to further deepen our bench, but we can't, so this idea actually sheds cap room, brings in another potential starter, and even moves our rotation to about 10 men, give or take, i'd seriously try it, in my head it doesn't hurt to try different things, espeically considering the upside if it does work. and if it doesn't? you'll still have your 8 man rotation stan likes, but with this pf/gortat on the bench.

Its funny that the rare posters and the new guys are the ones coming up with these trades....

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i think the only trade i saw possible was to the clippers for matt kaman, it's probably the only one the magic organization would go for, but we'd give up a pretty good player in hedo, i know he isn't great, and i know he's streaky, but he's still pretty good to have around, i actually trust him when he launches the crazy 3 ball even though i hate to see it.

matt kaman woud give us a pretty good front court and i'm not sure about his jumper status but rashard not having to worry about power forward duties could free this team up to play in alot of situations. and we all know what kaman can do, but i don't think kaman wants to leave a situation where he isn't the go to big man to walk into another one, unless he doesn't like the whole idea of the team to begin with, the clippers have a history of making bad decisions, we could swipe a real big man here.

my left field idea of the month is trading our scrubs for another teams scrub that would fit better, i mean we're seemingly not using jj, cookie, battie(i know we sort of use him but gortat can fill roles and this trade would bring back a pf type player), and we don't even have to trade all of them but we just need to get one unproven, young, raw, PF from another team, and in this case i'll use sacramento's :icon_biggrin.gifonte Greene SF 20 6-11 226 Syracuse $809,300::: i saw a few plays with him, and i know you can't judge someone by that, but he can obviously run, jump, lay the ball in, and play good defense at pf, so i'll use him as a prime example. if you inserted someone with height and the ability to score from anywhere within 5 feet of the rim even into the starting lineup then we could actually use him as a starter. we'd just start him between shard and dwight, and yes he'll be a liability at times, but most of the time he'd fill in great on the defensive end, and to tell you the truth if you left dwight one on one without the threat of a double team then d12 could score alot easier and even dump the ball off to (young pf) for an easy slam/lay up, it's an easier pass to make instead of passing outside. not to compare nba to rec. league but we'd do this alot, find a body to fill in between spots of two better players and he'd actually play better due to their abitlity to play/and also clean up their scraps, that and we'd have a deeper bench which is pretty important when your in a running battle. then in turn you'd have hedo still here to at least come off the bench, bogans would be there, and if i didn't use sacramento we could probably find a young unproven pg as well, sacramento has 2 pg's on their roster, i doubt they're giving up beno to anyone. well i know it's a crazy idea and everyone in that magic organization would fall off their seats laughing at me if i brought the idea up, but i like to think outside the box, i like matchup problems for the other team, and i live for strategic moves. it would be great if we could get an awesome pf and keep hedo to further deepen our bench, but we can't, so this idea actually sheds cap room, brings in another potential starter, and even moves our rotation to about 10 men, give or take, i'd seriously try it, in my head it doesn't hurt to try different things, espeically considering the upside if it does work. and if it doesn't? you'll still have your 8 man rotation stan likes, but with this pf/gortat on the bench.

ur talking about the one I came up with..

heres the perfect trade. with Clippers reportedly looking to trade Kaman how about this:

Trade Turkoglu and Cook for

Kaman and Novak

Our Lineup would be:

Nelson

Pietrus

Lewis

Kaman

Howard

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...2~12~19~19&te=&cash=

I have a longtime friend who is the head coach at a local college...he was a high school teammate of one of the Blazers assistant coaches...the Blazer coach invited him up to the game Monday night and they spent some time together...I told my friend to ask the Blazer assistant if Portland would be interested in Hedo since many of my friends seem to think the Blazers would be a logical destination for the Turk.

My friend told me that the Blazer assistant told him that they would love to have Hedo but that they coudn't afford him.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Otis LOVES Turk. My guess is that he wants Roy or Aldridge.

LOL.

What makes this so funny is that it is true.

I cry because Outlaw and a point would be very nice pickups for us.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I have a longtime friend who is the head coach at a local college...he was a high school teammate of one of the Blazers assistant coaches...the Blazer coach invited him up to the game Monday night and they spent some time together...I told my friend to ask the Blazer assistant if Portland would be interested in Hedo since many of my friends seem to think the Blazers would be a logical destination for the Turk.

My friend told me that the Blazer assistant told him that they would love to have Hedo but that they coudn't afford him.

Portland would be a nice fit for Turk, and they have like 3 pieces we can use Fyre, Outlaw, and Rodriguez.