Sign in to follow this  
BRich

Gerald Wallace Trade to unknown NBA Team Imminent?

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

Seriously???

are you joking? absolutely...Our system is now tooled to share the duties of running the offense between Nelson and Turk...Wallace could never do that...

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Stay healthy?

forget about the infamous Turkaflu so soon? hopefully it's gone for good, but still...Turk hasnt been the model of health over his career...

But he wassss playing right?

here and there yes, but he's missed games every season with Orlando with the exception of last season. Also many of the games where he was feeling the effects of Turkaflu he only played limited minutes...Plus he has missed games with back issues in the past...I wont count the broken elbow he suffered a few years back, that's one of those things...

his injuries make a good point, and also a good question would be how bad is he of a person that they will just dump him off at the begining of the season? you never know.

jj at second string in your signature?

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

Seriously???

are you joking? absolutely...Our system is now tooled to share the duties of running the offense between Nelson and Turk...Wallace could never do that...

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Stay healthy?

forget about the infamous Turkaflu so soon? hopefully it's gone for good, but still...Turk hasnt been the model of health over his career...

But he wassss playing right?

here and there yes, but he's missed games every season with Orlando with the exception of last season. Also many of the games where he was feeling the effects of Turkaflu he only played limited minutes...Plus he has missed games with back issues in the past...I wont count the broken elbow he suffered a few years back, that's one of those things...

his injuries make a good point, and also a good question would be how bad is he of a person that they will just dump him off at the begining of the season? you never know.

jj at second string in your signature?

I think the team loves Wallace, but the issue might be that he is the easiest piece to trade, he has a reasonable contract for his services, and they know that their scrubs will net nothing, they need a big body and with Richardson, Augustin, Brown and Felton, their penetration should be taken care of. Wallace is a slight bit redundant in that area...he brings a lot of positives in terms of what he can do, but maybe he just doesn't fit their system now that Brown has tweaked them and made them an outside/inside team that takes a lot of jumpers...

as for the signature, that was during the pre-season, when JJ was following right behind Pietrus...

I realy like G Wallace a lot just not for Turk. I think you would need to get a certain type of player in a Turkoglu trade.He would need to do similar things like handle the ball in high pick and rolls,rebound,pass,score in mutiple ways,shoot the three and defend mutiple positions.Based on the #s last year very few players can do that for us and if we did not have Turk we would need to change alot of our offense.The one player I can think of at the 2 gaurd position is Joe Johnson who is a free agent in 2010.I would love to see him and Rasheed Walace (free agent 2009)in a magic uniform.

J. Nelson

J. Johnson

R. lewis

R. Wallace

D. Howard

We would need to make some moves to clear space but it is very do able. This year we are better off keeping Turk and see how far this team can go.Next summer we can always sign and trade him for a draft pick/young player and dump some other salary to a team if we don't want to pay him.I do think if we can improve our bench this team will do well this year Magic/Hornets final(also the christmas day match up). Go Magic!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

I am moving this to the Magic forum as the idea of trading for Turk is Magic related.

Personally I would make this move, G-Wall is Mr Versatility he brings everything to the court and IMO would fit in perfectly with our starting 5. There is no way it happens though!

Nelson

Pietrus

Wallace

Lewis

Howard

Also changed the title as people will think it is a trade to us that is iminent!

If we were to trade Turk, don't you think it will be to move Lewis back to the SF position.

Not necessarily, Wallace brings a whole new game to Orlando, he is a better rebounder and defender than Turk which will help ease some pressure on Shard

But we just signed MP for 4 yrs, who does all the same things Wallace does. It just doesn't make sense at all for the Magic.

What does Turk do that Wallace cant?

run the offense, stay healthy, shoot threes constantly and/or hit 80% from the line.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

run the offense, stay healthy, shoot threes constantly and/or hit 80% from the line.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...

I like Wallace, but we need a better PG if we are going to move Hedo, and SVG would have to be willing to alter his scheme a lot to maximize the talent of such a roster. More emphasis on running & D.

Could we acquire Wallace for trash & keep Hedo?

Every team is going to be positioning themselves to dump salary the next two seasons & there will be numerous opportunities to add Wallace, Hinrich caliber players below market value.

quote:

I am moving this to the Magic forum as the idea of trading for Turk is Magic related.

Personally I would make this move, G-Wall is Mr Versatility he brings everything to the court and IMO would fit in perfectly with our starting 5.

We could send Hedo and Cook for G-Wall straight up!

Nelson

Pietrus

Wallace

Lewis

Howard

Also changed the title as people will think it is a trade to us that is imminent!

That line-up would be crazy good. Imagine our team on a break where all five positions will usually have a significant speed and athletic advantage over their opposition. That would be the best overall starting 5 in the NBA and I am pretty sure everyone would be locked in for at least 4 seasons.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Wallace cant shoot, isnt the whole point of starting turk to spread the floor???

His freakish athleticism and playmaking ability more than compensate. I'd compare it to like Atlanta upgrading Al Hortford to Dwight Howard. Loses all of the finesse game but gains so much athleticism and defensive prowess, it is a huge upgrade

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

I like Wallace, but we need a better PG if we are going to move Hedo, and SVG would have to be willing to alter his scheme a lot to maximize the talent of such a roster. More emphasis on running & D.

Every team is going to be positioning themselves to dump salary the next two seasons & there will be numerous opportunities to add Wallace, Hinrich caliber players below market value.

Uhhh isn't that what SVG's system is, or at least what its supposed to be? Running and D?

I guess having Jameer doesn't make this deal a slam dunk, because of Hedo's playmaking skills. But I know as 3-4 combos go G-Force and Lewis would be a better fit than Lewis and Hedo, no doubt about that. And a defense that featured Dwight, Gerald, and Pietrus would be downright sick. It would put a lot of pressure on Jameer and A.J. though.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

Uhhh isn't that what SVG's system is, or at least what its supposed to be? Running and D?

I guess having Jameer doesn't make this deal a slam dunk, because of Hedo's playmaking skills. But I know as 3-4 combos go G-Force and Lewis would be a better fit than Lewis and Hedo, no doubt about that. And a defense that featured Dwight, Gerald, and Pietrus would be downright sick. It would put a lot of pressure on Jameer and A.J. though.

I think if Otis were to trade Hedo, it would be to move Lewis back to SF.

i think yu guys beaching so much... hedo will stay untill new year and they will see how orlando stay, and we will see sign or trade... so we are winning right now and u guys need to cool down...

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

i think yu guys beaching so much... hedo will stay untill new year and they will see how orlando stay, and we will see sign or trade... so we are winning right now and u guys need to cool down...

So wait: We should trade Jameer because he was terrible for the first 4 games, but despite the fact that Hedo's been largely a useless chucker for the first 6 games, we should ignore it because we're winning? I love the hypocrisy on this board!