Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Benching JJ

The arguements supporting JJ Redick get more and more comical every day.

Two years ago, JJ Redick was the next Reggie Miller.

Last year, JJ Redick was a cross between Hornacek and Kerr.

This year, JJ was the bonafide backup to Pietrus.

Two weeks ago, Bogans sucked. Now today, C Lee sucks.

Is there no end to the **** you guys are willing to throw against the wall?

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

JJ and Turk for Milsap is a no brainer. Sloan would know how to play JJ, while Stan has no clue how. Milsap would be the perfect compliment to Dwight and Rashard.

They just gave up a 1st round pick for Korver last season.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

The arguements supporting JJ Redick get more and more comical every day.

Two years ago, JJ Redick was the next Reggie Miller.

Last year, JJ Redick was a cross between Hornacek and Kerr.

This year, JJ was the bonafide backup to Pietrus.

Two weeks ago, Bogans sucked. Now today, C Lee sucks.

Is there no end to the **** you guys are willing to throw against the wall?

Eventually something will stick. How about: He's going to be the bonafide backup to Trajan Langdon.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

JJ has played 3 friggin games. You guys are unbelievable. He has lost his shot, yeah in those 3 games he has played he has shot the ball 8 times TOTAL. Lee plays one game and gets 6 shots. The ONLY reason he has not shot the ball well is this team, and I mean its players are not looking for JJ AT ALL. He sits wide open and gets no pass, then he gets the pass too late. There is something going on, but I can't put my finger on it. Something smells funny to me. JJ has been the odd man out for two years and it seems the rest of the team wants to keep it that way.

I think there's a measure of truth in what you're saying. But, if your teammates don't respect you, they aren't going to look for you. If the coach lacks faith in you, there's going to be a lack of commitment.

It really doesn't matter if JJ has the talent to play or not, it's becoming very obvious he's a bad fit for this team.

After the preseason, I thought SVG was going to incorporate more motion into the offense. He hasn't & if JJ's contribution is spot up jump shooter and defender, he's not better than Bogans in that role.

When people say that Redick is getting scored on okay. But subtract what his defender scored on him from the score. There is plenty of points left over to go around. But know one ever points that out??

Look at Hedo's last 4 games. Not very good. Look at his turnovers and then his shooting percentage in the last game.

Look JJ can't get a shot to fall. He also hasn't played a lot of minutes to work his way out of it. Bogans has been able to get his shot to fall which has been the difference. Bogans isn't that great of a defender. He is better right now than JJ but not to the extent that some are saying. Its to early to judge any of these guys. I'll give Bogans credit he has come out and hit his shots. I like JJ, but I wouldn't be praising him right now if he was scoring lights out. 3 games is not enough cushion to start gloating. lol

I've been more impressed with JJ character and work ethic so far this year. I believe he will prove his critics wrong but it may not be with the Magic. Mark it down JJ will succeed!

quote:
Originally posted by trazcer:

how about Turk and JJ for Paul Millsap + PG

I've seen a whole lot of Milsap, I go to college in the WAC and I live in Utah, and let me say that Milsap is amazing. Last year in the playoffs I was much more comfortable with Milsap in the game than Boozer(choke artist). I don't know about Hedo in the deal because he's such a good scorer and is such a good passer for Dwight. But Milsap would be sweet. Put Rashard on the wing and have Milsap down low with Dwight, nobody'll be getting offensive boards on us.

quote:
Murphy, based on what you've seen from the shooting guards on our team so far this season do you really think they could afford to give up Bogans? He's also been playing quite a bit at small forward and as the Sentinel said this morning has been the teams best player off the bench...a very valuable thing to have.

Junkie, not that I hate Bogans but thats like saying we have a really poor bench, IMO.

but oh well, i'll take the win.

quote:
Originally posted by the anchovie:

Look at Hedo's last 4 games. Not very good. Look at his turnovers and then his shooting percentage in the last game.

Now Hedo sucks too???

Next thing you jokers will come up with is, JJ deserves more playing time than Dwight because he's a better free throw shooter.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:
Murphy, based on what you've seen from the shooting guards on our team so far this season do you really think they could afford to give up Bogans? He's also been playing quite a bit at small forward and as the Sentinel said this morning has been the teams best player off the bench...a very valuable thing to have.

Junkie, not that I hate Bogans but thats like saying we have a really poor bench, IMO.

but oh well, i'll take the win.

Bogans isn't anything great but he's a lot better than folks on this board give him credit for...his +/- for the entire year last season was in some instances top 4 depending on who was on the court with him...the big thing with Keith is that he knows his role.

Oh well, I've stopped trying to defend him or convince others because it doesn't do any good...all I know is that when the rubber meets the road Stan keeps giving him minutes so he must be doing something right.

Besides, Lil' Country is just waiting his turn!

For those that didn't hear the post-game interview with Keith the reporter was asking him about Lee and Keith was talking him up real good...He especially made note of how athletic he is and said it would be just a matter of time before he gets it going.

Keith said Lee was gonna be a Bigtime Baller!!!

Well now I am convinced that he will be. After all, if Bogans said he will be then it is a lock. BTW why cant bogans look anywhere but the floor during an interview?

bj if the team continues to play poorly and or barely win, look for a big trade. we need pg help desperately and a big. hedo is good but hogs the ball when it counts. nelson is lost period. lee looks good but can he score in the nba. you are right about bogans he is a back and knows his role. it will be interesting to see who goes. i think hedo, jj, bogans, and possibly nelson will be gone by trade deadline. what do you think.