Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Official 08-09 Weekly Power Rankings Thread

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

According to Hollinger's playoff odds, Orlando has the second best chance in the league (behind Cleveland), of winning the title.

Our odds are improving...

Also, I sent Hollinger an e-mail (I'm sure it was one of several pointing out the same thing) because the "Record Alert" was showing the chances of Cleveland, Lakers, and Boston for ending the season with 72 or more wins. Boston was shown as 0.0%, while the Magic, according to the information on his page, actually has a chance of winning 72 games (or more).

Today, his page is updated.

Thank you Hollinger.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

We should all seriously vote for the thunder as many times as we can in that espn poll in try and get them to number one lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

Man I'm really impressed with the Magic. I love how JJ's hitting shots, Howard's play, Hedo, and Shard. Nelson is playing pretty well too. CLee is also doing his thing along with Tony and Gortat.

The Hawks blowout was just sick.

This team is looking pretty exciting and deep now. I wish I could watch them play lol.

Trust me, NBA league pass is very much worth it. I have been able to watch pretty much every cavs game because of it, and when they are not on, you still won't be bored usually because there is almost always a game on. The 200$ for a year is worth it. If you break it down, it is like 18$ a month or something like that (I did that off the top of my head so it could be way off).

Agreed, I just bought it for the $19 a month, which is about

quote:
Trust me, NBA league pass is very much worth it. I have been able to watch pretty much every cavs game because of it, and when they are not on, you still won't be bored usually because there

i know i know it's not monday yet....

but atleast hollinger's computer odd's have one thing right!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking

Orlando Magic #1 in Hollinger's Power Rankings (and his playoff odds)

Big props to our players and bench for stepping up, but let's not forget STAN THE MAN VAN GUNDY! He has kept this team serious through the weak games and the tough ones. Definitly one of the best things to happen to us last season. SVG our Savior!

quote:
Originally posted by The Jerm!:

Big props to our ... bench for stepping up.

That's what I thinking when our bench contributed a whopping TWO FREAKING POINTS versus Denver.

Seriously, if our starters start hitting a slump then we're screwed.

But yes, GO MAGIC. We are doing well... so far.

quote:
Originally posted by siradam134:

quote:
Trust me, NBA league pass is very much worth it. I have been able to watch pretty much every cavs game because of it, and when they are not on, you still won't be bored usually because there

i know i know it's not monday yet....

but atleast hollinger's computer odd's have one thing right!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking

Orlando Magic #1 in Hollinger's Power Rankings (and his playoff odds)

i know it's the mid way of the season and not the end, but i still like looking at it.

orlandomagic.jpg

Not the biggest power ranking, like ESPN, etc., but they give us a #1 and don't seem like complete morons.

quote:
1. Orlando Magic (33-8) - Seven straight wins including road victories over all three Western Conference division leaders (San Antonio, L.A. Lakers and Denver). Four players in Orlando's rotation - Jameer Nelson, Courtney Lee, J.J. Redick and Rashard Lewis - are shooting over 40 percent from beyond the arc, and Dwight Howard leads the league in rebounding (14.1) and blocked shots (3.2). This team is for real, and the rest of the league has been put on notice.

http://www.athlonsports.com/pro-basketball/16101/nba-power-rankings

#1 on NBA.com, it's about time right?

quote:
Pace: 91.3 (10), Off: 111.8 (5), Def: 102.4 (3)

Doc Rivers: "Right now, there's nobody in the NBA playing better than Orlando." It's tough to argue with the man. On their four-game, seven-day trip, the Magic beat all three Western Conference division winners and set an NBA record with 23 threes in Sacramento. Doc gets to see for himself on Thursday (8 p.m. ET, TNT).

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

Seeing Orlando finally at #1 is nice because they actually deserve it at this point in time, instead of them putting us at 1 before we really earned it.

I fully expect Stein and ESPN to follow suit, no matter how much it makes him cringe to type it.

Congratulations Orlando.