Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

Bogans vs. Redick, part I

quote:
Originally posted by Cardiac Kat:

Ball Junkie you must be more popular then Obama. You have "Close" friends everywhere in basketball, and CIA amd FBI it appears. Now you are even quoting SVG and Otis, with their permisson I presume. But this is what you should know. When bogans goes away, and this should be soon, who will remember him? Just once, and I mean just once, I would like to see something you say be true and mean something.

Typical response from a Redick fan and not a Magic fan...I love Redick fans...Hey Otis, can we keep J.J. on this team for like the next ten years?

This board is so great to be around with the J.J. fans...

Why is it that people immediately go to "you must be some loser if you have this many posts!"?

Just because I don't like to see a good guy get insulted like that, I will vouch that Junkie has a very respectful job and is very devoted to said job.

Perhaps his job is what gets him these friends?

Just tossing it out there.

Quite frankly, I just want the best man to win the job, and the one who doesn't should get moved to get the opportunity to play.

I don't know that I believe that JJ is all of a sudden a good defender. I hate to say it, because JJ is a good guy and deserves a chance, but it does seem like boosting his value.

Bogans just makes more sense as a third SG. And knowing Stan's inclinations, he would probably agree with me.

But like I said, if JJ can be Sasha Vujacic for us, all the better.

To anyone that cares since I am Redick enemy number 1...the post by Cardiac Kat eggs my ill feelings about J.J. on even more...I disagreed with the Magic organization for drafting him...I voiced my opinion here and got flamed many a time...when people started talking about he should be playing...I voiced my opinion here and got flamed plenty...quite frankly, I don't think anybody here likes getting flamed for voicing their opinions...it's a big part of the reason I feel like I do.

Just wanted to put that out there...not that it will do any good.

Rant over.

Not to go off subject, but Junkie, you take the internets way too personal.

You are NOT Keith Bogans.

You are NOT in anyway affiliated with the Magic.

Neither Keith Bogans or JJ Redick cares about you, what you have to say, etc.

Once you realize that, you won't feel like you are being attacked anymore. Don't take anyones insults towards certain players personal. Don't feel like you have to defend those players everytime someone says something bad. It's a lose/lose situation. Trust me.

And trust me, I'm not saying this to be a jerk. It's just the reality of it all.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Once you realize that, you won't feel like you are being attacked anymore. Don't take anyones insults towards certain players personal. Don't feel like you have to defend those players everytime someone says something bad. It's a lose/lose situation. Trust me.

Totally not what I was expecting from the lolcat king! Solid, sound advice. I'm completely disappointed in you Chareth.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

if anything those comments seem like a slap in the face to bogans. if D is supposed to be one of his strengths, then you certainly arent pumping up his value by saying redick is making fewer mistakes, and has taken his spot in the roster due to defense...

Because he's not trying to pump up Keith Bogans value...the league already knows what he can do

If it was any clearer it would slap you in the face...WE NEED TO PUMP UP J.J.'S VALUE!!!

Sincerely,

Otis Smith

Stan Van Gundy

Teams in the NBA aren't buying into coaches, who try to pump up there players value. It all about what that team see from that player on tape. So it doesn't matter how much a coach try to pump a player value up, it all come down to if the player fits the team need or not.

I feel that the Magic need that Charles Oakley type of PF. So I think we should trade Bogans to the Sixers for Reggie Evans. Evans will be that PF we need for teams like the Pistons and Celtics.

quote:

And trust me, I'm not saying this to be a jerk. It's just the reality of it all.

Jareth, there is a difference between insulting a player and insulting a fellow poster...if you'll notice Cardiac's post was edited by Marc and Live or Die Magic with the words written in Red...leave out the personal attacks.

I don't care if posters insult Keith Bogans...Lord knows it happens here on a daily basis...I'm actually used to reading it.

Good thing Stan doesn't agree with most either.

quote:

Ball + Junkie = Steve Kyler Jr

for my money Bogans is the guy for this club. He does what is asked of him and he does not complain. He's been moved around in the rotation a lot of the last 2+ seasons and he hasnt once been vocal about his discontent. You will hear him say things like "I just know I have to work harder to get in there" and he has yet to demand a trade. Plus he is a much better one on one guy, no matter how good JJ's defense is supposedly gotten this week. Not to mention, his expiring will most likely be instrumental in the re-signing of Hedo or working out a S&T when the time comes.