Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

If someone want to see Fran playing online...

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/3340.shtml

The match is live, Barcelona Against Valencia.

Fran has just entered in the game (he's number 17, blue jersey)

EDIT: There are also some ex-NBA players like Kosta Perovic, Erlan Ilyasova, Juan Carlos Navarro, Shammond Williams, David Andersen, Andre Barrett, Daniel Santiago, a future NBA prospect (Victor Claver) and the brother of Air France (Florian Pietrus).

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/3340.shtml

The match is live, Barcelona Against Valencia.

Fran has just entered in the game (he's number 17, blue jersey)

EDIT: There are also some ex-NBA players like Kosta Perovic, Erlan Ilyasova, Juan Carlos Navarro, Shammond Williams, David Andersen, Andre Barrett, Daniel Santiago, a future NBA prospect (Victor Claver) and the brother of Air France (Florian Pietrus).

Luke, I tried to watch the game but the loading signal just kept spinning.

For those that are interested Fran had another 16 point 6 rebound game in about 20 minutes.

Here is a quick 2 minute video highlight of the game played yesterday...Fran had some nice plays shown here.

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/889

Luke, I wanted to talk to you about this now to give you some time to solve it if possible...can you find a way that we can watch Fran's game against the Lakers next Saturday night, October 18?

Any help would be much appreciated...

BJ, justin.tv will probably have it featured online. All we need to find is a link. Or I found a program "Satellite TV for PC", it might have the channel it will be played.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Luke, I tried to watch the game but the loading signal just kept spinning.

For those that are interested Fran had another 16 point 6 rebound game in about 20 minutes.

Here is a quick 2 minute video highlight of the game played yesterday...Fran had some nice plays shown here.

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/889

Luke, I wanted to talk to you about this now to give you some time to solve it if possible...can you find a way that we can watch Fran's game against the Lakers next Saturday night, October 18?

Any help would be much appreciated...

The link was working very very fine here, but clearly I live in Spain and I was worried about the quality in USA.

It was a link to a Spanish television, nothing related to the Barcelona team.

For the LA game, I think that I haven't any special hint... like Fendi said, I usually try to see every Magic game on sites like justintv, myp2p, livescorehunter (Satellite TV didn't work very wel on my laptop).... and sometimes it's impossible to find a good link.

Sometimes it's hard to be a Magic fan on the other side of the ocean... not considering that for me a match starting at 7 PM in Orlando is a game that finish at 4 A.M here...

Wake up for going to work the next day is the true nightmare!!!

:=)

quote:
Originally posted by T-Cat:

Do you guys think Fran is starting material?

I've said that times and times in the past, but for me, having seen him playing thousand of times, he's not even bench material, and I hope he'll never go to the Magic.

He's gifted, fast, good shot blocker, he has a nice mid range jumper, but he hasn't any IQ for the game and I believe he'll never contribute in a Magic uniform.

Just my thoughts anyway... in this forum a lot of people think that he's a savior, so....

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by T-Cat:

Do you guys think Fran is starting material?

I've said that times and times in the past, but for me, having seen him playing thousand of times, he's not even bench material, and I hope he'll never go to the Magic.

He's gifted, fast, good shot blocker, he has a nice mid range jumper, but he hasn't any IQ for the game and I believe he'll never contribute in a Magic uniform.

Just my thoughts anyway... in this forum a lot of people think that he's a savior, so....

I'm encouraged by his numbers this year. 24 points and 12 rebounds in one game doesn't change my perception of him, but it's promising.

With Fran, it's been about his head, not his talent. If he's underachieved because of inmaturity but now is ready to go, maybe there's hope.

If he becomes a stud, I will gladly welcome him here.

Anybody ever heard of a power forward named James Augustine?...Anybody know where he is?

I DO!!! OMG!!! You guys won't believe what I found...

Two of the top teams in the ACB Euro league squared off this afternoon in what looks like a very intense game...I have been checking the little 2 minute highlight reels after each one of Fran's game this season to see how he does.

Fran has played well this season...today he didn't.

As I clicked on the video and began listening to the announcer talking in Spanish all I could hear was James Augustine this...and James Augustine that...I thought, OMG!!!

Anyhow, Fran only had 4 points and 2 rebounds today while James was the STAR of the game with 16 points and 6 rebounds in a very low scoring game in which James team won 68 - 57.

Here is the link for the 2 minute game highlight:

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/907

And here is the link for the box score:

http://www.acb.com/fichas/LACB53031.php

If you've got the time the video is worth the look...James Augustine...who'd have thunk he would be tearing up the Euro league.

I checked the league stats right beside the box score and James is 2nd in the league in scoring at 16 points a game...3rd in the league in rebounding at 5 per game and like 2nd in the league in Valoracion(Spanish word)...I think it means something John Hollinger's PER stat.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I checked the league stats right beside the box score and James is 2nd in the league in scoring at 16 points a game...3rd in the league in rebounding at 5 per game and like 2nd in the league in Valoracion(Spanish word)...I think it means something John Hollinger's PER stat.

BJ, I'm sorry if I broke a dream, but those stats that you see are only for the fourth game of the season... and only those two teams had played the fourth game 'cause Barcelona is now heading in USA.

This is the link for the overall stats page.

http://www.acb.com/stsindiv.php?cod_competicion=LACB&co...icion=53&cod_fase=LR

And Auggie is only 11th on rebounds (maximo reboteador) and 7th on blocks (tapones).

The first games he played he was pretty awful.