Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

so can we drop the turk-to-LA crap now?(link)

Odom is in a declining period. Last season was not a great season for him and seeing this new article doesn't give a fresh look on matters of this season.

I would rather trade Turk for a TRUE, starting, PF.

I don't want another combo SF/PF.

With Lee being as prominent as he is, so far, and Peaches able to play some 3, I think we could have a starting lineup where Shard is playing his natural SF position with a banger in the middle with Dwight. And we could give Redick more minutes at the 2 off the bench.

That seems like a better deal for Turk then a declining, rickety has-been.

From the Sentinel-

With some well-funded teams overseas targeting NBA players, the league's first Turkish-born player was asked if he ever would entertain playing in Europe if he couldn't reach a deal stateside. He played four seasons in the Turkish Pro League.

"I'm from Europe. I've played in Europe . . . so it's just a possibility. It is. I can't lie," Turkoglu told the Sentinel. "But this is my ninth year in the league. I've adjusted here.

"If I have another great year, it will be really hard for me to leave United States and go back overseas. I came from there to here to accomplish something."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-magic1608oct16,0,3466386.story

Food for thought. What do we see time and again, players go where the money is the best. Did Joe Johnson really seem to care going from an organization like PHX (yes they were on their way up at the time, they hadn't become the contender that they were after he left) to basketball purgatory in ATL? Boozer went to Utah because...he wanted to win so bad he left Lebron? They go where the money is, if the situation is right we could be bidding against a team with no cap overseas. This is not as simple as guys like Kyler are leading us to believe. If he has a good year 10 mill is not going to get it done.

i think you are right marc. however, if we establish ourselves as title contenders this season-which i think is likely...it may be difficult to turn down an opportunity to get an nba championship. its pretty evident that dwight is going to get one at some point. i am speculating here, but i imagine turk would want to be a part of it.

perhaps if he isnt happy with the offers hes getting stateside, he could sign a short term contract to get a chance to get a ring, then go overseas with a ring in hand. then he could command REAL money over in turkey, being the first nba champion to go over seas(i think).

I agree with you, I think he wants to stay in the NBA and all things equal he will do that. It's when things aren't equal that I start to worry. The only players that I've seen take a little less money to stay on a winner were ones that already had a ton of it from earlier mega contracts, Hedo has been a mid-level and under guy. To me 7 mill is a lot of money and I would rather take that and be on a winner than take more on a loser, but it's all relative, to these guys that isn't a ton of money. Couple that with him becoming a dad soon(congrats Turk!) and this being his last shot at a big pay day and I get nervous. They better have a very good handle on what he will want and whether they can do it.

I hope you are right Murphy, I hope he stays for a resonable pay raise that goes along with what his fair value is.

Phil has changed his thoughts on Odom very fast....

quote:
Odom trending upward

And on the 17th day of the preseason, Jackson had kind words for . . . Lamar Odom?

Indeed, there were no complaints from Jackson on Thursday, an about-face from the various barbs he had tossed at Odom since training camp began.

"He's starting to get a feel for it. He's starting to play basketball," Jackson said. "It looks like he's playing really well now. His timing's there, his reactions are there, his conditioning's getting better, all those things."

Odom is averaging 2.3 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 2.7 turnovers in 19.3 minutes in three exhibition games.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-...ct17,0,3176928.story

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

Phil has changed his thoughts on Odom very fast....

quote:
Odom trending upward

And on the 17th day of the preseason, Jackson had kind words for . . . Lamar Odom?

Indeed, there were no complaints from Jackson on Thursday, an about-face from the various barbs he had tossed at Odom since training camp began.

"He's starting to get a feel for it. He's starting to play basketball," Jackson said. "It looks like he's playing really well now. His timing's there, his reactions are there, his conditioning's getting better, all those things."

Odom is averaging 2.3 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 2.7 turnovers in 19.3 minutes in three exhibition games.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-...ct17,0,3176928.story

Funny how he does that. Phil likes to screw with his players heads.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Maybe there's still hope in the love story between Cook and Stan....

:=)

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Maybe there's still hope in the love story between Cook and Stan....

:=)

they can take cook back if they want...phil, if you want him, you can have him!