Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

LOL! Now Denton wants to play GM...RE: Turk(link)

Odom for Turk? No thanks. Like many other comments on that site state, we would be in the same situation. If we trade Turk, we need to get a young, cheap, promising PF and possibly another key player. If we have to throw in one of our SG's, then so be it. Draft picks from the other team don't hurt either. The more solid guys we get and draft picks, the better. That's more realistic then thinking we could trade Turk for equal or higher value by the deadline IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Jareth, any ideas?

It isn't like there are many young, cheap, promising PF's on the market...

They're so many variables that can go into these ideas. Nobody knows who will get injured, play up to above expectations, below expectations, etc.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...s=19~19~30&te=&cash=

Turk for May/Felton

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...ms=19~19~1&te=&cash=

Turk for Williams/Jones

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...9~19~18~18&te=&cash=

Turk/Cook for Lee/Richardson

I mean, we could swing something. If turk plays up to expectations or above, we could net us a few promising players. If he doesn't do so hot, maybe we could still swing a deal like Turk for Lee and take on Richardson's contract. You also never know who's feathers are going to be ruffled during the season. Players demand trades all the time.

Wow. Dent is going out on a limb. Good for him. I love Odom's game, and he is a bad fit in the triangle offense of LA. Would I do it? Tempting, especially because it would clear a lot of cap space for next summer. Would we be better NOW with Odom at the 4 and Lew at the 3? Hmmm.... I actually believe so b/c it would balance us out. (Remember: Odom can facilitate like a madman, too). 15/9/4.5 are nasty numbers and would only improve next to Dwight.

To be honest, I would love to see David Lee in a magic uni. He could really help out, he's a solid PF, with a decent mid range j and would compliment Dwight without a doubt.

The Odom trade I'm not really feeling it...

i say no because what would be the point of attaining odom? he would come here and get great numbers, and then demand a large contract extension just like turk. in fact, he might ask for more since he is already making 14.5mil. and, he isnt as good as turk-sorry odom lovers.

also, we should be looking for a REAL, YOUNG pf. not a high paid questionable ethic/attitude guy that is no spring chicken.

if we are going to end up extending whoever we get anyway, why not get someone that fits a need, instead of another sf/pf tweener?

because of turks' value compared to salary...there is no reason why we shouldnt be able to get a young pf and a future first rounder. collison and a first is by far the best idea i have heard.

i am all for packaging battie with turk though, as long as we get a good pf and pick in the process. hell, i would trade turk to memphis with the opportunity of getting darko and a future 1st back.

long story short, there are other options that seem better than getting odom, and just odom...you know what i mean?

Odom is a great team player who does a lot of things well for a PF. If the team felt they could not retain Hedo as the trade deadline nears, I could live with this deal if LA throws in a 1st rounder in the 2008 draft.