Sign in to follow this  
JSicamore

Why the Magic suck at drafting, did you see Rudy Fernandez play??

Im really surprised that nobody picked him up. I seriously thought that Miami would've needed a pg like Arroyo. Then it would been Nelson vs Arroyo again.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I'm confused Ibone... does the NBA limit a players role, and thus make a prominent FIBA player look mediocre, or does the Euro league style limit roles, and thus make a player look mediocre. Finally, if both of these are true, then how does a guy like Carlos flourish in FIBA tournaments? It isn't by playing a team role like you say Euro leagues do, it's by pushing him into the 'star' role like you say the NBA does to certain players.

And no, when someone says Carlos plays well for PR, but that his game didn't translate to the NBA, OBVIOUSLY the PR team beating team USA does not discount that point of view, it reinforces it.

Echo, you don't understand. It's simply not good enough to commend Carlos on his obvious talents in FIBA basketball. By saying his talents don't translate well to the NBA, you are clearly saying that he sucks at basketball.

As soon as you cross that line, FIBA rules state that arguments may be pulled directly from anal cavities and used in defense of any player, regardless of how contradictory those arguments may be to one another.

What I'm trying to say is that you're wrong and Ibone is right.

Look, Jackie, I just want my rug replaced, man. It really brought the room together.

As for my previous post, I had not realized that this thread fell to the lolz.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:

I'm confused Ibone... does the NBA limit a players role, and thus make a prominent FIBA player look mediocre, or does the Euro league style limit roles, and thus make a player look mediocre. Finally, if both of these are true, then how does a guy like Carlos flourish in FIBA tournaments? It isn't by playing a team role like you say Euro leagues do, it's by pushing him into the 'star' role like you say the NBA does to certain players.

And no, when someone says Carlos plays well for PR, but that his game didn't translate to the NBA, OBVIOUSLY the PR team beating team USA does not discount that point of view, it reinforces it.

Echo, you don't understand. It's simply not good enough to commend Carlos on his obvious talents in FIBA basketball. By saying his talents don't translate well to the NBA, you are clearly saying that he sucks at basketball.

As soon as you cross that line, FIBA rules state that arguments may be pulled directly from anal cavities and used in defense of any player, regardless of how contradictory those arguments may be to one another.

What I'm trying to say is that you're wrong and Ibone is right.

Look, Jackie, I just want my rug replaced, man. It really brought the room together.

As for my previous post, I had not realized that this thread fell to the lolz.

I told those f**** down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

The man has got Skillz with a cap S, I would trade for him in a heartbeat.

Think Portland would do something?

Hedo, for Fernandez? Offcourse there would have to be other people included to make #'s work.

Any body agree with this?

Incoming Players

Rudolfo Fernandez

6-6 SG from Spain (Foreign)

No games yet played in 2007-2008

Joel Przybilla

7-1 C from Minnesota

4.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 23.6 minutes

Outgoing Players

Hedo Turkoglu

6-8 SF / SG from Turkey (Foreign)

19.5 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.0 apg in 36.9 minutes

Portland Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: +14.7 ppg, -2.7 rpg, and +4.6 apg.

Incoming Players

Hedo Turkoglu

6-8 SF / SG from Turkey (Foreign)

19.5 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.0 apg in 36.9 minutes

Outgoing Players

Rudolfo Fernandez

6-6 SG from Spain (Foreign)

No games yet played in 2007-2008

Joel Przybilla

7-1 C from Minnesota

4.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 23.6 minutes

Potland would probably wan't a future 1st in return.

If Otis wold have picked another spanish player after the 9/11 of drafts that was Franz, he would have had to come in here and averaged 30 and 20 or we would have ripped him apart and everyone on this board knows it. I like how two years later everyone becomes a f**&in' genious.

And "Lee doesn't count". Why does no pick count to the Otis bashers unless he milk through a used colostomy bag. If Lee works out give the guy credit for god's sake.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

Can't understand why every discussion about a player has to end with a proposal of a trade...

Erik loves it when people tell him his trade ideas have less than a 1 percent chance of happening. His streak of 2734 horrible trade proposals will never be broken. He's the Cal Ripkin of this message board.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

Can't understand why every discussion about a player has to end with a proposal of a trade...

Erik loves it when people tell him his trade ideas have less than a 1 percent chance of happening. His streak of 2734 horrible trade proposals will never be broken. He's the Cal Ripkin of this message board.

Thank you, I am deeply honored, maybe my feelings can best be expressed by this song I wrote.

MKGallager.jpg

Edit:watch the language.