Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

cleveland picks up MO WILLIAMS in trade...

cleveland gets mo williams for the exp. deals of joe smith and damon jones.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/26919019.html

thats a good pickup for cleveland. i hate to say this, but i think that orlando needs to pickup another big to stay competitive with what could happen. cleveland has 20mil in expiring contracts still that could land a superstar PF at the trade deadline. if they get one of those they will be difficult to beat.

cleveland gets mo williams for the exp. deals of joe smith and damon jones.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/26919019.html

thats a good pickup for cleveland. i hate to say this, but i think that orlando needs to pickup another big to stay competitive with what could happen. cleveland has 20mil in expiring contracts still that could land a superstar PF at the trade deadline. if they get one of those they will be difficult to beat.

Wow, I was previously watching an episode of 1st and 10 this morning and found Damon Jones defending Lebron James (A.K.A. kissing his ***). Skip Bayless was trashing Lebrons shooting and I have to admit..his shooting is terrible at times. He mentioned that he heard there was a deal in the works. I guess he didn't assume he would be apart of it.

Talk about Irony

Williams does all the same things Gibson does, just better. That's fine, but they got worse defensively, and only slightly better. Williams is inefficient as a scorer, and not much of a passer for a point guard. I don't see this really helping them all that much. They'll be putting even more defensive pressure on an aging, already over-worked front court.

assuming they keep west, which they should...they already have a playmaking point. what they needed was a scorer, and williams is a scorer, he averaged 17ppg last season.

what is really concerning to me-like i already mentioned, is they have 20mil in expiring deals they are planning to dispose of midseason. that is more than enough to get any PF they need.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

assuming they keep west, which they should...they already have a playmaking point. what they needed was a scorer, and williams is a scorer, he averaged 17ppg last season.

what is really concerning to me-like i already mentioned, is they have 20mil in expiring deals they are planning to dispose of midseason. that is more than enough to get any PF they need.

Well we possibly could have 14 to 15 mil in expirings if we count Hedo. JJ, Bogans, and Cook. We could do quite well with that also if we needed to. Hell you could probably throw Battie in there as well and we could reconstruct a new team.

Point being, im not too worried about the trade deadline at this point. If were cruising nicely, let Cleveland or whoever get who they want.

I think Cleveland would be stupid to trade draft picks away in an expirings deal, just because they would have to pick up Duncan or KG at the 4 to really have an impact on the team. It's part of the reason I'm not horribly worried about Williams. Being able to score inefficiently doesn't help on a team where you won't get many shots. They would need a PF who can change the game by being there, and no such player will be available.

I could easily see a Utah/Cleveland trade happening mid-season. Utah could dump Kirilenko's contract for expiring's, and extend Boozer for the max. Cleveland would add Kirilenko to their aging frontcourt and really help Lebron.

i think cleveland is in a fantastic situation to do themselves well with a trade later. natmayo mentioned that we could have 14-15 mil in expiring deals, true, but thats with 4 players. few if any teams would have roster spots available for that many new additions...cleveland has 20mil in expirings for just two players.

can you imagine a frontcourt of Z, AK-47, and lebron? wow...