Sign in to follow this  
magicbeliever

Redick

i am a great jj fan however i think b h will not use him. he is just not a bh type of player and i think he will be trade bait this summer. i hope he lands somewhere with a coach who will use his talents. jacklj!! good luck jj you will be better off with a real coach and a point guard who will pass you the ball.!!

I agree, Jack. If BHill and Jameer don't leave, then it would be in JJ's best interest to go to a team that would appreciate his incredible talent.

I agree with you magic believer..it was truly disappointing and agonizing to watch the Magic go thru 6 minute stretches without a bucket. I understand he may have been injured, but in general why is BHill so averse to playing him. He is an extremly smart player (help reduce turnover problem), he is an excellent shooter (help prevent scoring droughts), and he has great court vision. Clearly this has been one of the most disappointing aspects (there are many) of Brian Hill's coaching.

I think it's tough for JJ sometimes because he isn't an effective basketball player when he isn't making shots. If he goes 1-4 in 6 minutes in the first half, I don't think it's wise to put him in during crunch time. On the other hand, if he drains a couple threes, expect to see him out there in the 4th quarter.

On a related note, Bogans looked okay against the C's on Sunday...

it seems to me that some of the people on this thread seem to be jj fans and not magic fans(some not all). i believe jj is going to be a great player one day but right now he is a rookie who is still learning and missing the summer work outs has held him back. I think that he is getting a lot of time for a rookie lately(except the last 2 games)but you guys make it seem like he is automatic and he hasnt been automatic. sure he has some games where he is decent but for the most part he misses open shots. and like militarymagic said jj isnt effective when he cant score. although some of you will disagree it is the truth.

JJ can be effective if Brian Hill will just use him. Brian Hill wants out of that 8th spot so tonight JJ probably won't get any minutes unless it's a blowout. Problem is Hill is running up the minutes on the starters and they'll be too tired once the playoffs begin. He needs to take a chance on JJ and some of the other bench players to get the starters a rest before the really important games. Don't think JJ is done for the year but his minutes may be few.

How many guards on Orlando are effective when they miss their shots? JJ can play decent D and as one writer said has good court vision plus he can rebound a little. Yes, some of us are JJ fans because he's fun to watch and Hill isn't open minded enough to use him effectively. The Magic will be swept and Hill will declare a victory disguised as experience in the playoffs. Does Danny Ainge read this thread?

Sgorly....this is April...80 games into the season 100 practices so what the heck does missing the summer workouts have to do with his abilities today? Thats like saying Ariza was out for 6 weeks and he is behind now!!!?? You sure your not Bhill or the Mrs.?

once again i will bring up the point that jj brings to the game more than shooting. if he had been in the game against boston we would not have had 10 tos in the forth. its not always about the best athlete, best this or that. its about how to win and stay in control. if he had been playing more this year you would see a better magic team with a lot less tos. darko and dwight and battie are continuely challenged by guards because we have no guard who will keep their man in front of them. we are in foul trouble most of the time because of poor defense on the outside. everyone must look at the big picture. the magic have glaring problems in many areas. coaching being number one and team disipline number two. the team is basically out of control much of the time. i truly believe jj would improve this. jacklj

I agree with believer...what a lousy excuse "out for the summer"... I can't believe anyone would ever bring that up again..lmfao. JJ is a very solid player and can do much more then score. His TO rate is very low...and like we don't need that on out team. He is our best free throw shooter...at one time this year he made 23 in a row...like we don't need that on the team... and his defense is bad...hmmmm how many of those points did he give up against the Celtics? No excuses for not playing him at all. No one aid he should start, just play in the rotation, Sgorly what's the weather like in NC today?

Jacklj I am with your thinking 100%. JJ is important to this team and if Napolean keeps him off the playoff roster it will be his biggest mistake of what is left of his short career with the Magic. And I am with the group who believe that Summer ball statement is idiotic. Your right that sounds like a Tar Heel train of thought.