Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

HOOPSWORLD preseason power rankings: EAST

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9710

6. Orlando Magic: Rashard Lewis was supposed to help Dwight Howard lead the Magic on a deep postseason run. That didn't happen. The Magic fell short in the playoffs and have done little to spark hope for a championship next season. They will need more than Mickael Pietrus off the bench to make up for their thin backcourt, which boasts a mediocre point guard in Jameer Nelson and the rarely-used-but-never-traded J.J. Redick. Howard's shoulders are not big enough to carry this team.

edit: erased other paragraphs. next time, limit 2-3 paragraphs only

Who the F cares about "Hoopsworld". They're a dime a dozen sports website.

Pietrus off the bench? Now why would that happen? 6th seed? Is that even possible if we win our division?

Crap. And this isn't even me being an angry magic fan.

We did little to improve, what did Cleveland do? How is Tor's 2 guard situation any different than ours and how do they look at the 3? I would love to know why everyone thinks Jermaine is going to do so well just a year after talking about possible retirement due to knee issues.

Oh well, something to talk about.

it always seems like the people doing these rankings place the teams who just aquired a star player ahead in the rankings, for example Philadelphia and Toronto.

quote:
it doesn't hurt that the offensive (Delonte West, Wally Sczerbiak) and defensive (Ben Wallace) talent acquired in last season's late trade will have some more time to get acclimated to playing with King James.

Talent is a strong word.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i just want to know what this guy is smoking putting cleveland at number 2:

I hope she is a girl... Jessica Camerato

quote:
Originally posted by Caco:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i just want to know what this guy is smoking putting cleveland at number 2:

I hope she is a girl... Jessica Camerato

well...still...it must be the fire...because as jareth pointed out, its difficult to win the division, and be a 6 seed.

The three rankings ahead of the Magic all include "IF". There is no if associated with this year's Magic team. We're not looking for a new acquisition to play 10x better than he did last year.

And sense when is Lebron able to carry "any group of players" on his shoulders, but "Howard's shoulders are not big enough to carry a team" along with Rashard, Turk, Pietrus, etc???

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

The three rankings ahead of the Magic all include "IF". There is no if associated with this year's Magic team. We're not looking for a new acquisition to play 10x better than he did last year.

And sense when is Lebron able to carry "any group of players" on his shoulders, but "Howard's shoulders are not big enough to carry a team" along with Rashard, Turk, Pietrus, etc???

Like I said, it's as if the writer has no actual basketball knowledge.