Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

LeBron would consider European offer of $50 million(ESPN).. Kobe too

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Yep, we are in the dog days right now!

Still, there is probably a European owner reading that right now and saying, "I have two years to come up with 100 million!"

Well, I think that this is not a problem, there are some teams with presidents that are richer that we can even imagine... (CSKA, Olimpiakos, Maccabi, and some others)

If LeBron has a real wish to play in Europe, he'll find a deal without any doubt, but does he really had this type of desire?

Not sure about that...

Well, I think it would depend on how the Cavs are doing. If they make the 2010 Finals and lose Game 7 in OT, he might feel the need to come back and finish it.

If they actually manage to win, then he could easily bolt for a few seasons and make some serious jack.

Also, if in 2010 he looks at the teams that are trying to get him and he doesn't like what he sees as far as the makeup of the rosters, then he can bolt for Europe for a couple of seasons and try again in 2012.

He's young enough that it wouldn't affect his long-term career all that much.

Good point.

He's already sure to have a max contract with any NBA team, so he already knows what he can get in terms of money.

The situation in 2010 and his motivation are the keys.

Like Mr. Charisma has said in the other thread, this could be a good argument for the next blog (it's summer, and there aren't so many Magic news...)

BTW, right now I cannot see the Cavs reaching the finals in the next two years...

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

BTW, right now I cannot see the Cavs reaching the finals in the next two years...

Nor I...

I guess that means that he is even more likely to consider who his teammates will be when making a decision in two years.

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

can you imagine a euro team offering dwight that kind of money? that would make the magic a lotto team again

Well we may not see Dwight do it, but its a real possibility with Hedo and Gortat and the front office needs to be cognizant when perhaps making trades or trying to resign either player.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

Nor I...

I guess that means that he is even more likely to consider who his teammates will be when making a decision in two years.

Or how ready will be the other teams with cap space to win a championship.

NJ is in a good situation right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Well we may not see Dwight do it, but its a real possibility with Hedo and Gortat and the front office needs to be cognizant when perhaps making trades or trying to resign either player.

Altough in an egoistic way I prefer to have them back in Europe that against us in the NBA (supposing that we can't resign them)

BTW, this strange change between Euro and Dollar isn't supposed to stay like this forever...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Altough in an egoistic way I prefer to have them back in Europe that against us in the NBA (supposing that we can't resign them)

BTW, this strange change between Euro and Dollar isn't supposed to stay like this forever...

No, I would think the dollar would rebound eventually. But I dont know how long it would take to regain where it once was. Europe isnt a bad option to some of these players. Its nice in certain parts and like you said, tax free and the Euro is very high.

But its not home, and many of these players are signing deals that allow them to return after each year.

Even Childress said on PTI that hes gonna give it a shot but could say with any certainty that he would stay in Greece thru his full deal. Its gonna be up to the individual whether they can stay and enjoy the culture or get homesick and wanting to come home