Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Dwight had an argument with Coach K (ESPN Insider)

quote:
Posted earlier by ball junkie:

David, STL: Any idea why Howard and Coach K were going at it?

Chris Sheridan: Something to do with Dwight taking somewhat of a cheap shot at one of the Russians, Coach K getting on him about it, and Dwight talking back. There's a maturity issue with Dwight, and Coach K needs him to be play smart, play well and grow up quick. With only three bigs. the Americans can't afford any issues at that position.

Many are missing the point! Chris Sheridan is pointing the fact that "There's a maturity issue with Dwight". He (Dwight) needs not only play well, but needs to "grow up quick", because USA "With only three bigs. [they...] can't afford any issues at that position."

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I am a little disappointed in Coach K for calling Dwight out on that. I watched the game, and Dwight was taking shots the entire time. Sometimes a cheap shot elbow to the opposition is exactly the type of thing that sends the message "I may get called for it, but you're gonna pay" and see how often the jabs, pulls, swipes, and elbows continue when Howard is on offense.

Obviously Dwight is not the main option, and if Lebron and Melo are playing the 4, then someone has to be the enforcer. Its not his fault his backups are midget Boozer and stick-boy Bosh.

Coach K needs to realize that sometimes a cheap elbow to the face of Vladimir Krystykvichysz will stop the bull**** on the other end of the floor.

LOLLMAOROFLCOPTER!

.....that's good stuff

So that wasn't the guys real last name? It was made up? I was bamboozled.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Nelson was benched and Arroyo (as starting PG)was helping to rescue the team from a slump and went into the biggest winning streak of the season.

Shouldn't you have found a Macabbi Tel Aviv forum to disrupt by now? Or do you guys still frequent Pistons and Jazz forums still, telling them how much they could use a real starting PG?

Oh come on now Smack, we have to give him some credit on that one. I mean he took a thread about Coach K and Dwight talking about something on a different continent and found a Carlos angle. That is pretty darn impressive.

Carlos Darwin, this will be the 2nd time I've had to mention this to you but this is not a thead about Carlos. If you would like to talk about Carlos, please do so in one of the many Carlos threads.

Mark, what about smack comment regarding JJ in this thread and quote: First page. "...either it's that or Dwight made a crack about JJ being Coach K's best player in history, and now JJ can't carry Dwight's high-school to the pros jock strap."

Second page "I just love throwing digs at JJ in because the JJ posse gets all upset. It's really the only form of enjoyment I have while at work. Hopefully God won't hold it against me on judgement day (apparently He is a really big Blue Devils fan...go figure)."

This isn't a thread about JJ neither. We should have a fair game for everybody, Don't you think.

i think that if carlos arroyo goes to israll and wins a championship the MODs should give the arroyo fans 40 acres and a mule

if not id suggest calling jesse jackson and barrack obama.

free pimp C. free OJ. Free the jena 5. FREE arroyo

i apologize for my post prior to this.

this a a thread about dwight and coach K.

as previously stated i think coach k is outta his league coaching grown men getting paid in a game different than his expertise.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

quote:

I am a little disappointed in Coach K for calling Dwight out on that. I watched the game, and Dwight was taking shots the entire time. Sometimes a cheap shot elbow to the opposition is exactly the type of thing that sends the message "I may get called for it, but you're gonna pay" and see how often the jabs, pulls, swipes, and elbows continue when Howard is on offense.

Obviously Dwight is not the main option, and if Lebron and Melo are playing the 4, then someone has to be the enforcer. Its not his fault his backups are midget Boozer and stick-boy Bosh.

Coach K needs to realize that sometimes a cheap elbow to the face of Vladimir Krystykvichysz will stop the bull**** on the other end of the floor.

LOLLMAOROFLCOPTER!

.....that's good stuff

I guess Coach K is just mad about Dwight throwing elbows at his nephew.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

Mark, what about smack comment regarding JJ in this thread and quote: First page. "...either it's that or Dwight made a crack about JJ being Coach K's best player in history, and now JJ can't carry Dwight's high-school to the pros jock strap."

Second page "I just love throwing digs at JJ in because the JJ posse gets all upset. It's really the only form of enjoyment I have while at work. Hopefully God won't hold it against me on judgement day (apparently He is a really big Blue Devils fan...go figure)."

This isn't a thread about JJ neither. We should have a fair game for everybody, Don't you think.

No, I don't. CarlosDarwin's M.O. is working Carlos into as many discussions as possible and starting as much trouble as he can in the process. Smack mentioning JJ in jest is no where near the same thing as what CarlosDarwin has done since coming to this board.

quote:
Originally posted by Mooooooooooves:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

quote:

LOLLMAOROFLCOPTER!

.....that's good stuff

I guess Coach K is just mad about Dwight throwing elbows at his nephew.

Nice.

quote:

quote:

No, I don't. CarlosDarwin's M.O. is working Carlos into as many discussions as possible and starting as much trouble as he can in the process. Smack mentioning JJ in jest is no where near the same thing as what CarlosDarwin has done since coming to this board.

Thank You Marc, I don't know if you have a kid, but CarlosDarwin is a 52 years old kid.lol

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank You Marc, I don't know if you have a kid, but CarlosDarwin is a 52 years old kid.lol

i think hes just trying to say he doesnt want multiple threads being interjected with random jabs about carlos being ex magic in europe and hamster nelson being starting looser pg for magic

i also think hes fed up with several forum members only contributing as it occurs to carlos.

its not just these members contributing, but rather the manner they do.

a derogatory way on the US and the magic's starting point guard jameer nelson..

arroyo was a 3rd string nba pg who couldnt get a decent contract.

hes overseas now where his game will make more money and be more appropriate.

its like college. a group of atheletes to a point.

its not the upper echelon atheletes like the US aka NBA basketball

au revoir mi amore

may u better your game and one day be fit to play as a starting point in the game of the NBA

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by BX Truth:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by BX Truth:

Dwight cares about how he plays and how he affects the game. If he has a down game he usually whines a litte bit and never plays through it. I know I saw it in the playoffs.

You mean like how he played through a broken sternum in the playoffs?

I know that most fans Admire him for playing through the pain but lets be realistic...he wasn't effective with the broke sternum and became more of a wasted body during the end of the series.

Im not saying its his fault we lost to the pistons...don't think that that at all. He tried to play through it and yeah its cool he wants to be on the court but he was ineffective plain and simple. He hurt us during the back end of the series.

Orlando as a team depends on him to rebound and score...he has been the franchise player since arriving and has been a great asset to us...but playing through pain doesn't make you better than the guy who sits, especially if you cant deliver.

Ya think?

Have you ever been punched in the sternum even lightly? that **** hurts.

Now try just WALKING around with a broken one, most people can't even do that. He played through it, so please give me a break about his effectiveness. The fact he went out there and still banged in the paint should earn EVERYONES respect for being tough.

Seriously, go have someone sock you in the sternum, then come back and tell us how it felt, then remember that's about a quarter of the pain Dwight went through.

Dude... When you have a broken or fractured sternum, you cant even sit up on your own power without your entire chest feeling like its being ripped open. Broken ribs dont hurt nearly as much. Been there...... Done That......