Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

Lineup for next year...

with our future being brighter than our current playoff hopes, this is what i would like to see atleast tried as far as lineups go next year:

note: this includes the addition of gerald wallace via free agency.

pg: split it evenly between Dooling/Redick.

i know this seems kinda scary(bad, not good scary), but i think this would work. As long as Dooling continues to show defensive prowess. JJ has good size for pg and a higher IQ, plus he can do stop and pop jumpers, which are valuable at the 1( aka Nash)..overall they contrast eachother well. JJ wont get manhandled on D as much as he would guarding 2's.

sg: Wallace/Jameer/Hill. Wallace is a stud, i would have him anywhere on my team. He+Ariza=new arena in no time. Jameer is a 2 stuck in a 1's body, enough said. Hill is a leader.

sf: Ariza/Turk/Hill. Ariza is the future i believe, but Turk is better than rashard lewis. You cant deny his talents. 60% ariza 40% Turk on the court at the 3 next year. Give or take a little for when one or the other is struggling.

pf: Darko/Battie. This is darko's spot. Batman is a good leader and garbage man. Glad to have him.

c: fran...need i say more?

this team reminds me of a younger, more defensively stalwart(albeit poorer ft%)version of phoenix. you cant go wrong with similarities to phoneix with more defense.

btw, it shouldnt matter who backs up dwight. he should be an ironman by next year. 40min+ every night. maybe doleac or pollard behind him. you cant count on gortat, yet.

btw2, magic will get 7th seed and beat either cle or chi in 6. then lose to tor in the next round. Go Magic!

murph

with our future being brighter than our current playoff hopes, this is what i would like to see atleast tried as far as lineups go next year:

note: this includes the addition of gerald wallace via free agency.

pg: split it evenly between Dooling/Redick.

i know this seems kinda scary(bad, not good scary), but i think this would work. As long as Dooling continues to show defensive prowess. JJ has good size for pg and a higher IQ, plus he can do stop and pop jumpers, which are valuable at the 1( aka Nash)..overall they contrast eachother well. JJ wont get manhandled on D as much as he would guarding 2's.

sg: Wallace/Jameer/Hill. Wallace is a stud, i would have him anywhere on my team. He+Ariza=new arena in no time. Jameer is a 2 stuck in a 1's body, enough said. Hill is a leader.

sf: Ariza/Turk/Hill. Ariza is the future i believe, but Turk is better than rashard lewis. You cant deny his talents. 60% ariza 40% Turk on the court at the 3 next year. Give or take a little for when one or the other is struggling.

pf: Darko/Battie. This is darko's spot. Batman is a good leader and garbage man. Glad to have him.

c: fran...need i say more?

this team reminds me of a younger, more defensively stalwart(albeit poorer ft%)version of phoenix. you cant go wrong with similarities to phoneix with more defense.

btw, it shouldnt matter who backs up dwight. he should be an ironman by next year. 40min+ every night. maybe doleac or pollard behind him. you cant count on gortat, yet.

btw2, magic will get 7th seed and beat either cle or chi in 6. then lose to tor in the next round. Go Magic!

murph

jj is bigger and abetter shooter than kirk in chicago and he gets by very well. i would surely try it some. it would be a plus if he and dooling could inter change dependng on match ups. at least jj would keep billips in front of him. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Turk is better than rashard lewis.

WOW!!

Ya know, I agree with pretty much everything you said in your post, but what are you possibly basing the above statement on?

Let me guess. Dwight is better than Shaq. Ariza is better than LeBron. Darko is better than Duncan.

Our problem must be we have way too many superstars.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

Turk is better than rashard lewis.

WOW!!

Ya know, I agree with pretty much everything you said in your post, but what are you possibly basing the above statement on?

Let me guess. Dwight is better than Shaq. Ariza is better than LeBron. Darko is better than Duncan.

Our problem must be we have way too many superstars.

See back to my statements on the other thread.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/88910298...541045263#4541045263

Those are some serious Magic blinders you have on! Where did you get them? They look good!

turk has a better contract, for starters. he fits a team puzzle better so that we can afford our "superstars" you so eloquently said. not to mention he provides similar offensive effeciency despite playing considerably less. and he can block shots on occasion, which helps. how often do you find someone with turks ability relishing the 6th man position? i am not hating on lewis. i like him, but not as much as wallace. turk only costs us 6mil. whereas lewis is already at 10+per year. and he is just now reaching his prime. he isnt at the point in his career to take a paycut.

i like andre miller a lot, but will philly let him go for jameer? i think thats what you are suggesting, right? i wouldnt if i was them.

no blinders on here, just building a team without putting financial handcuffs on the magic like all those that want a glorified near max contract type player like rashard lewis that doesnt stand far above turk in output. i am sick of people thinking that adding individuals is going to bring a championship. anyone who has played organized ball knows that a cohesive team will beat a conglomeration(sp.) of expensive talent.

quote:

turk has a better contract, for starters. he fits a team puzzle better so that we can afford our "superstars" you so eloquently said. not to mention he provides similar offensive effeciency despite playing considerably less. and he can block shots on occasion, which helps. how often do you find someone with turks ability relishing the 6th man position? i am not hating on lewis. i like him, but not as much as wallace. turk only costs us 6mil. whereas lewis is already at 10+per year. and he is just now reaching his prime. he isnt at the point in his career to take a paycut.

OK thats makes so much more sense.