Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

Lineup for next year...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i like andre miller a lot, but will philly let him go for jameer? i think thats what you are suggesting, right? i wouldnt if i was them.

yeah I agree a true swap just isnt gonna work.

was that an acrimonious response lets go magic? or were you serious? its hard to tell on the boards. regarding turk....not jameer

i would do that, but jameer and dooling only make a combined 6 mil next year. millers contract is 10 mil next year...maybe if we add bogans...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i would do that, but jameer and dooling only make a combined 6 mil next year. millers contract is 10 mil next year...maybe if we add bogans...

That's a lot of salary to lock up for just Andre Miller.

Initially, you sacrifice depth for a better first unit.

But if this team could show itself to be a championship contender, the depth problem can be resolved on a yearly basis by picking up those cagey veterans who are willing to play for smaller salaries to have a shot at a Ring.

Sorry Murphy, It was a serious post

I disagreed with the blanket statement that Turk was better then Lewis. But by explaining the difference between Lewis and Turk contract and comparison of there abilities. I agree. It looks like Turk is better for the magic then Lewis.

If Lewis had the ability to take over a 4th quarter when you need him to and be the "go to guy" down the stretch. Then I would say I Lewis is still worth the money. But I'm not really sure he a take over a game kinda guy, like his partner Ray Allen.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Initially, you sacrifice depth for a better first unit.

But if this team could show itself to be a championship contender, the depth problem can be resolved on a yearly basis by picking up those cagey veterans who are willing to play for smaller salaries to have a shot at a Ring.

As long as we did that strictly for depth, it's ok. But lets not decide to mortgage our future for a title like Miami did.

would it be possible/likely to trade turk and jameer for miller, then sign wallace straight up as a fa? that would be a killer offseason. we wouldnt even need the draft.