Sign in to follow this  
omagic133

Magic new uniforms (Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I think teams should wear its color at home and the generic white uniforms on the road. Still don't get why pro teams typically reverse this.

That has always baffled me too. It seems like football is the only sport that has figured out this elusive concept.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

I think teams should wear its color at home and the generic white uniforms on the road. Still don't get why pro teams typically reverse this.

That has always baffled me too. It seems like football is the only sport that has figured out this elusive concept.

Couldn't agree more on this point. Let the home fans see the best of the two uniforms.

This is still the status quo in college football. The NFL?? They seem to make it up as they go along.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

Couldn't agree more on this point. Let the home fans see the best of the two uniforms.

This is still the status quo in college football. The NFL?? They seem to make it up as they go along.

The NFL has a choice and a lot of warm weather climate teams started going white at home thinking it gave them at advantage when it was 90+. But, that trend seemed to spread through other sports without reason, and I've never understood it.

quote:

I have thought about this and i'm thinking they do this because the home team should be wearing white to symbolize good and the away team wears a darker color to symbolize that theyre evil

http://askipedia.net/askipedia-article-013-836.htm

quote:
Home teams do not always wear white, in both hockey and football the home team wears dark uniforms primarily, although in hockey the home team has only worn their dark uniforms for a short time.

The distinction began in 1952 when the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) began televising hockey games. The CBC found that when the two teams both wore dark or light it was impossible to tell them apart. Remember that not only was the clarity much less than it is today, but also it was also broadcast in black and white, so blue would look much the same as red. Many Montreal Canadien fans were aghast to find out that they were cheering for a Toronto Maple Leaf.

Making the home team wear the lighter color solved the problem; they of course choose the home team to wear the light color so that they would appear a little clearer than the visitors.

Black for away is good. Everyone has blue nowadays, and they're usually UGLY too like Utah or just boring.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Wow ...

A new TEAM...

A new ARENA...

A new COACH...

And now new UNIFORMS...

It's truly a NEW BEGINNING !!!

New coach??!! REALLY??!!!!!

I can't wait to get a coach who possesses some common sense! icon_wink.gif

I hope the uniforms are not as plain and BORING as the current ones. Go back to their older logo while they're at it, this ball-lightning? one makes me think of some cartoon or Sonic the Hudgehog for some reason.

Urban legend says that home teams wear white because some exec decided it would let their fans get to see all the different uniform colors of all the teams that came in. Otherwise, every home Magic game you went to would feature the Magic in (supposedly) black playing against a team in white.

Again, who knows if this is true, but it makes some sense.

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

Black for away is good. Everyone has blue nowadays, and they're usually UGLY too like Utah or just boring.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Wow ...

A new TEAM...

A new ARENA...

A new COACH...

And now new UNIFORMS...

It's truly a NEW BEGINNING !!!

New coach??!! REALLY??!!!!!

I can't wait to get a coach who possesses some common sense! icon_wink.gif

I hope the uniforms are not as plain and BORING as the current ones. Go back to their older logo while they're at it, this ball-lightning? one makes me think of some cartoon or Sonic the Hudgehog for some reason.

Someone's gotta get to photoshop work with Adonal Foyle and Sonic The Hedgehog now. Talk about a visual.