Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Diggin for J. Crit News

I read this board all the time, and it is really surprising to me how much everyone undervalues keith bogans. Granted he is far from an all star, but nevertheless he is an effective, quality role player. Most winning teams have tough minded, team-oriented guys that have no problems coming off the bench and fulfilling their roles. Bogans has really become a great 3 point shooter, and fits our team perfectly. He is a veteren prescence that SVG can trust, and knows exactly what he will get out of him on a nightly basis.

Obviously, if we can get a young pg like J Critt by including bogans in a trade, than we should def do it. However, Bogans is an underated part of our team, and is a lot better than JJ in almost every phase of the game. JJ should be the one sent out from our clutter of SGs, and I would not be surprised if Bogans gets more minutes than Lee, especially in the beginning of the season.

I know this seems like a Bogans love fest, but I've noticed how a lot of people think that he is useless, and is completely disposable. I think he will help in tough playoff moments. He hit big shots in the playoffs last year.

quote:
Originally posted by HOW BOUT DEM GRIZZ:

Hello Magic fans. I was wondering if you guys would do a one for one swap. Please don't get angry, I am only asking you guys opinion. The swap I was thinking about is JCritt for C. Lee. I am asking this because both franchises have interest in each player. I too have learned on the Grizz message board that Washington and Memphis had a swap in place if their guy wasn't on the board. Needless to say, their guy was on the board and the Grizz just had to wait there turn. But Wallace was very impressed with Lee's work ethic. I am hoping to get back potential for potential instead of better basketball. It's really hard to tell if he will be the guy in the NBA that he was in college. But anyways, please let me know your opinions.

Thanks

Not that I would want to trade him but if it we were to trade him wouldn't he be buried in your rotation? You already have Mayo slotted there. You have Buckner and Jaric that play that position also.

You guys are in the same position as us. You have to many guards and we have to many shooting guards.

Seems we could work something out?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Hello Magic fans. I was wondering if you guys would do a one for one swap. Please don't get angry, I am only asking you guys opinion. The swap I was thinking about is JCritt for C. Lee. I am asking this because both franchises have interest in each player. I too have learned on the Grizz message board that Washington and Memphis had a swap in place if their guy wasn't on the board. Needless to say, their guy was on the board and the Grizz just had to wait there turn. But Wallace was very impressed with Lee's work ethic. I am hoping to get back potential for potential instead of better basketball. It's really hard to tell if he will be the guy in the NBA that he was in college. But anyways, please let me know your opinions.

Thanks

Not that I would want to trade him but if it we were to trade him wouldn't he be buried in your rotation? You already have Mayo slotted there. You have Buckner and Jaric that play that position also.

You guys are in the same position as us. You have to many guards and we have to many shooting guards.

Seems we could work something out?

Hehe yes we could, just not for CLee.

Let me introduce you to JJ Redick or Keith Bogans.

Now they are well maintained, mileage is low. and I believe JJ has his inital warranty still in tact.

And I believe wed be willing to part with them, and if you act soon....

We will throw in a draft pick at no extra cost

SUCH A DEAL!!!

Who ya gonna call??

ORLANDO MAGIC!@!!!!!

I think he will be second after Mayo. I believe Jaric could play the three behind Rudy. It makes it interesting because I believe Crit could play the 1 or 2. I think Lee answers a lot of problems we had at the 2 last year which is a SG that can defend. To make a long story short, that's the perfect trade for both teams I think.

By the way guys, according to the realgm trade checker, Lee could be traded on the 3rd of Aug. I think that's when the trade will go down. To be truthful, I love trading with you guys because I don't feel raped after the deal is done. Miller was a great asset but he had to be moved to get a potential star which is fair in Love and Basketball.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

I agree. Bogans also gives you depth at SF. He played there a lot in the playoffs.

That was Mo Evans & it would be Pietrus next year. But, I'm on board with keeping Bogans. He's a solid defender & can hit a 3.

quote:

By the way guys, according to the realgm trade checker, Lee could be traded on the 3rd of Aug. I think that's when the trade will go down. To be truthful, I love trading with you guys because I don't feel raped after the deal is done. Miller was a great asset but he had to be moved to get a potential star which is fair in Love and Basketball.

Interesting. I was wondering the same thing. I didn't think anyone could be traded that soon after they were drafted.

Anyhow, HOW BOUT THEM GRIZ I really don't think Otis will bite on that. In fact, I can garuntee it!

Can you post your future responses here?

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/5401073025

I started a threrad specifically for dialogue between Forum members of both sites.

quote:

Thanks

I'll give you the opinion of both front offices. Memphis would love a Lee for J-Crit swap. Orlando is in love with Lee & won't give him up. It ain't gonna happen. I think the odds of anything getting done between Memphis & Orlando are probably like 20%. Orlando wants to get J-Crit without giving up a future first. Memphis has no need or desire to trade him without a future first. I actually get the impression Memphis is pretty content to go into the season with all their young guards and let the situation resolve itself. Their big hope for a big value trade involving J-Crit was with GS.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

it is ridiculous to say that defense is a learned trait and offensive ability is something that can't be taught. That's just simply backwards.

QFT, I gave up or would have made this pt. myself.