Sign in to follow this  
In The Know

Rumors out of Sacramento: Ron Artest for Turk?

So I've been lurking in this forum for a while now, and I never bothered to post anything because I didn't feel like I had anything that really worth saying. That changed yesterday.

A very close friend of mine(my roommate from college, if you're curious) is very connected in the Sacramento Kings organization and he passed me along this information that I feel is too juicy not to tell. I asked him if I should say anything and he told me it would not matter because everyone would deny it and nobody would believe me anyway. Plus, as long as I didn't give his name or mine, no one would be able to trace it back to him in the first place.

Anyway the Magic and the Kings are discussing a trade that would be based around a Ron Artest for Hedo Turkoglu swap. He told me they had discussed this last summer but this time it has more legs with the Kings wanting to get rid of Artest as fast as possible, and with Artest wanting desperately out of their organization. Apparently, Artest is complaining to anyone and everyone who'll listen about how much he hates the organization and wishes he'd opted out when he had the chance. Now, he's stuck there, and he's hoping that he can force a trade to a contender. Supposedly, he's even been implying he'd sign a non-guaranteed extension with any team he'd get traded to, just as long as he's away from the Kings.

I do not know if anyone read this article by Marc Stein from the other day but Mr. Maloof mentions that 6 teams have inquired about Artest. Stein lists the Lakers, Mavs, Cavs and Heat.

Article here

So I've been lurking in this forum for a while now, and I never bothered to post anything because I didn't feel like I had anything that really worth saying. That changed yesterday.

A very close friend of mine(my roommate from college, if you're curious) is very connected in the Sacramento Kings organization and he passed me along this information that I feel is too juicy not to tell. I asked him if I should say anything and he told me it would not matter because everyone would deny it and nobody would believe me anyway. Plus, as long as I didn't give his name or mine, no one would be able to trace it back to him in the first place.

Anyway the Magic and the Kings are discussing a trade that would be based around a Ron Artest for Hedo Turkoglu swap. He told me they had discussed this last summer but this time it has more legs with the Kings wanting to get rid of Artest as fast as possible, and with Artest wanting desperately out of their organization. Apparently, Artest is complaining to anyone and everyone who'll listen about how much he hates the organization and wishes he'd opted out when he had the chance. Now, he's stuck there, and he's hoping that he can force a trade to a contender. Supposedly, he's even been implying he'd sign a non-guaranteed extension with any team he'd get traded to, just as long as he's away from the Kings.

I do not know if anyone read this article by Marc Stein from the other day but Mr. Maloof mentions that 6 teams have inquired about Artest. Stein lists the Lakers, Mavs, Cavs and Heat.

Article here

quote:
Originally posted by futureseasontixholder:

ron isn't a pf right? then why trade for him b/c he presents the same problem that Turkglu is.. he would bring pietrus to the bench so I dont like the idea.

You can start:

Howard

Lewis

Artest

Pietrus

Nelson

Just as easily, if not more effectively as:

Howard

Lewis

Turk

Pietrus

Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by In The Know:

Article here

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by futureseasontixholder:

ron isn't a pf right? then why trade for him b/c he presents the same problem that Turkglu is.. he would bring pietrus to the bench so I dont like the idea.

You can start:

Howard

Lewis

Artest

Pietrus

Nelson

Just as easily, if not more effectively as:

Howard

Lewis

Turk

Pietrus

Nelson

I would have to agree here. I really do not think the plan is to start Battie and put Turk on the bench therefore again Rashard is going to get the majority of his minutes at the power forward position.

Ideally you would like a power forward but their might not be one on the market who holds Hedo's value and matches up salary wise. Artest is the perfect piece if you ask me if you are not getting a power forward because him and Air Peaches can guard bigger players and are good rebounders as well.

That Thomas contract does suck though and if the Magic are taking on that Billy King albatross I would definitely not send a first round pick.

Also if he behaves Artest could give this team the toughness that it has lacked for some time.

I don't like this trade at all. I think we have made some good moves so far to our team this offseason, and we have upgraded in some areas. But I think we would be giving up too much for Ron Artest. I think he's overrated if you ask me. Judging from last season we know what we're gonna get out of Turk. But you never know with this Ron Ron character. I don't think he's mentally stable enough, to make this team better. The way I see it, Sac would be the only winner with this trade. They clear cap space, and get a good player coming into his prime. All we would get is a "project", that could pan out either way. Too much risk.

i dont know if i'm sold on artest...

And that means that we would only have

Dwight

Gortat

Battie

Lewis

Lee

Pietrus

Nelson

Johnson

Artest

Thomas

Under contract?

You guys are kidding right? Hedo was a huge part of the reason we were good last year. The Magic will try to keep him.

I would be floored if the Magic let this guy anywhere near Dwight. Not going to happen. Are you guys new here, laughable.