Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

dorsey blows it again...

hopefully all the dorsey talk will be put to rest:

"-Aside from Dorsey's boneheadedness, the reason the Wiz won is because they held a 48-33 edge on the boards. Dominic really was active boxing out and going after the ball tonight. It also helps when your point guard, Brown, grabs six."

"Some of are watching the replay of the game now so turn away. The Wiz won 80-75 in OT tonight after Houston Rockets rookie forward Joey Dorsey, who wasn't even dressed due to a left ankle injury, earned a technical fould and was ejected from the bench for jawing at Dee Brown and Andray Blatche down the stretch."

explanation of what happened here:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/

hopefully all the dorsey talk will be put to rest:

"-Aside from Dorsey's boneheadedness, the reason the Wiz won is because they held a 48-33 edge on the boards. Dominic really was active boxing out and going after the ball tonight. It also helps when your point guard, Brown, grabs six."

"Some of are watching the replay of the game now so turn away. The Wiz won 80-75 in OT tonight after Houston Rockets rookie forward Joey Dorsey, who wasn't even dressed due to a left ankle injury, earned a technical fould and was ejected from the bench for jawing at Dee Brown and Andray Blatche down the stretch."

explanation of what happened here:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/

Yea, I find it very hard to believe we were ever interested in him, He is not a magic organization player. I am also glad we don't target players like that, one of the things I do like about our front office.

As much as I hate to say it If we could be assured to win 6 straight championships, but had to have a bunch of jerks playing for us, I am pretty sure I would not be a magic fan at all.

Are you kidding? I want a player just like this on the Magic squad! I want a guy that isn't afraid to get in other people's faces and talk trash. I want a guy that is going to put a player on his backside when he drives the lane. I would more than happily trade several of the soft front court players on our roster to get Dorsey.

The technical fouls at the end of the game is pretty bone headed but that is a lesson learned. Things need to be kept in perspective as well....it was a friggin summer league game. Who cares who won?

As long as he's putting up 23pt/15 reb games, his transgressions off the court when not in uniform, don't mean ish to me.

We all keep saying that we need a player with a nasty side, somebody who can be physical, somebody who can work the boards like a man possessed, somebody that can intimidate, somebody that isn't afraid to mixit up and throw some elbows. Then when that player comes along, the choir boy image all of a sudden becomes more important (once again).

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

As long as he's putting up 23pt/15 reb games, his transgressions off the court when not in uniform, don't mean ish to me.

We all keep saying that we need a player with a nasty side, somebody who can be physical, somebody who can work the boards like a man possessed, somebody that can intimidate, somebody that isn't afraid to mixit up and throw some elbows. Then when that player comes along, the choir boy image all of a sudden becomes more important (once again).

Ha!! I hear ya Smack. There is nothing worng with being a good or upstanding citizen/person while being a professional ball player, but I don't want my ballplayers to be soft either!!!

It's kinda like a 6'10 280lbs soft Police Officer....just something wrong with that pitcure!!!

You want a player who will most likely be behind bars within four years, one who couldn't get two points at the free throw line if all he had to do was hit the back board???

I want the team to get tougher, and I think they will, I just posted in another thread that I think that is the main area we need to improve, but not with the Jamal tinsleys of the world, no way.

Just my over exadurated opinion, how come your arn't asking about my over exaduration of his poor freethrow shooting lol.

Seriously, I just think this guy has that kind of potential to get in with the wrong crowd,he dosen't strike me as a "magic guy"