Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Closed Thread

So you would be pissed if we got him in the Critt trade?

IMO- We may have to take Darko's contract to get Critt.....Another Darko-PG trade LOL we have been down this road already...

Paging Notorious SAC to the Milicic insider thread....

Thanks for the info Soul Bro but I can't say that it is surprising. Everyone that has ever watched Darko play has questioned his passion. It occured with both of his coaches in Detroit, then with Brian Hill, and now with Marc Ivaroni. There comes a time when it becomes clear that its player and not the coach.

Not only did we avoid keeping a listless player on the roster that doesn't like to play....we also avoided paying him 8 mil a season for another 5 or so years. Thank you Jesus!

It seems to me that Iavaroni didn't know how to handle Darko.

I've seen Darko play great and with passion for the Serbian national team. It's no doubt he loves basketball.

I believe that it's all about motivation with Darko. And I think he was very comfortable here, and happy to play for us.

I remember the last games he played for us vs the Pistons, he did a very good job.

quote:
Originally posted by Caco:

I've seen Darko play great and with passion for the Serbian national team. It's no doubt he loves basketball.

I believe that it's all about motivation with Darko. And I think he was very comfortable here, and happy to play for us.

I remember the last games he played for us vs the Pistons, he did a very good job.

So what you're saying is that its the fault of 4 separate coaches that they couldn't motivate Darko? That is insane. The man is making a lot of money to play a game....if that doesn't motivate him then maybe he should find another occupation.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Caco:

So what you're saying is that its the fault of 4 separate coaches that they couldn't motivate Darko? That is insane. The man is making a lot of money to play a game....if that doesn't motivate him then maybe he should find another occupation.

Perhaps you are right.

But I wouldn't discard him as a player yet. Everybody has different ways to get motivated. He plays great for Serbia every time. So I guess his national team motivates him.

If a team in the NBA can find what it takes to get Darko going, he can become a really good player in the league, and help his team a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

According to a source who recently spoke to Marc Iavaroni, Darko Milicic is the number one player Memphis would love to dump. Why? "He hates to play basketball. From the start of training camp, he begins counting down the days for the season to end so he can get back home," Iavaroni shared.

My thoughts: Thank goodness Otis let Darko walk. I never questioned his talent, just his sour attitude and questionable work ethic.

If these things are true, he'll get no sympathy here.

Think about it, how many of us would be counting the minutes in between seasons if we had a chance to play in the show.

I have heard the guy seeks out Serbian nationals when on the road, and doesn't hang with the team. Maybe if the league expands to Serbia you could get an effort from him. He's probably homesick or somthing.

The love affair with him on this board has always puzzeled me. I mean we got a few games at the end of the season when he actually played hard. I think we should hold it against Otis that he tried at all to re-sign him. Dude is a puss.

I have never liked Darko and haven't missed him. Getting him back would do nothing but hamper a good young big who plays with heart and passion, Gortat.

Gortat will ten times the player Darko will be when their careers are done.

Not like this is real breaking news or anything. It's pretty clear Darko doesn't put the effort he should into his game. When he did put effort, he played awesome however.

I really wouldn't mind bringing him back, but it won't happen.