Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Dooling a sign-n-trade with Nets

the thing of it is Smack and DOM is that because the TE came into being because of the Jason Kidd trade i really think that the timetable to complete that trasactionis one year from its inception... Thats why we can trade for a player and then immediately trade him away without having to wait 60 days is because he completes the Non-simultaneous trade of Jason kidd which created the TE.

I've never been wrong about matters pertaining to the CBA before, and I'm starting now.

You guys ca post links to articles, blogs, tv segments, etc, as much as you want. Anybody who says anything other than the TE expires one year after the Dooling trade is wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

There's a guy who I think is pretty heady when it comes to the collective bargaining agreement. He is actually making a correction on Denton's post. Click the link:

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?categ...ategoryCurrentPage=0

He's talking about how we can use that trade exception.

He's also wrong. He's using the Danny Manning/Dale Ellis example, but he's misunderstanding it. When a TE is used to bring in a player, the TE is considered used as part of the trade that created the TE, and is dated as such. This means if the TE is used two months or more after the trade date, the player received can be traded immediately, rather than having to wait 60 days. What happened in the Manning trade was that Ellis was brought in and immediately traded, which was allowed because the TE used to bring in Ellis completed a trade that was dated for months earlier. The TE wasn't actually combined with Manning's salary. Ellis's salary was.

lol...smack if you have the salary cap issues and quirks and nuances down to the level of never being wrong about it then i think you should re-write Larry Coon's FAQ and add new questions that are not explicitly answered.

Then you should contract yourself out to every NBA team or Sports Agent. Who wouldnt want to aks questions and get answers from a guy whos never wrong about the Salary Cap and how to effectively manuever under around or over it.

With that you would definately be making more moola then your business is now and you probably could score courtside tickets to almost every nba franchise. Whos gonna turn down that job?

quote:
Originally posted by ProphytMusic:

Just out of curiosity...what is Sean Williams postion with the Nets right now? Are they looking to move him at all for cheap? I would love to have him...I think he'd be great for the Magic at PF...he would be the missing piece after getting a pg like Critt...

In other words...add pg Critt & pf Sean Williams & I think we'd be ready to go...anyone agree?

Yes, I agree. If not Williams maybe a vet like Kurt Thomas could hold us over until we get our young PF of the future. Those are the final two steps IMO though, PG (Crittenton I hope) and a PF.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

lol...smack if you have the salary cap issues and quirks and nuances down to the level of never being wrong about it then i think you should re-write Larry Coon's FAQ and add new questions that are not explicitly answered.

Then you should contract yourself out to every NBA team or Sports Agent. Who wouldnt want to aks questions and get answers from a guy whos never wrong about the Salary Cap and how to effectively manuever under around or over it.

With that you would definately be making more moola then your business is now and you probably could score courtside tickets to almost every nba franchise. Whos gonna turn down that job?

Workin on it my friend.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

hahaha.... so here you guys were trying to spin a web of lies and deceit around me when i had it right all along! Lol

In response to Mdamico... you cannot trade a player for the trade exception...something has to be sent back in return with the TE...usually it a top 55 protected 2nd round pick.. In this case money

Thanks for the response. But, that was kind of obvious. Cash considerations obviously means that money is coming back to Orlando. My question is why is it "future cash considerations," when those cash considerations will be delivered to Orlando and lastly how much the cash considerations are for. It is dependent on performances? Is it a set amount?