Sign in to follow this  
JJforPT

Predict MP''s Pts, Reb, and steals for next year.

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

agree with BRich on this one. Why do you think he will average more than 10 points a game? He averaged 7 points a game with the best offense in the NBA last year...

In 06-07, he average 11.1ppg.

He's never had a consistent role and he's never played with an inside presence. Consistent playing time alone suggests a 10+ expectation to me. Add other factors, I think Pietrus has more upside than given credit for, but 10+ would seem automatic.

Didn't Nelly have MP playing the 4 last year? That had to bring his production down. This guys looks crazy athletic. I can just see D12 tearing down boards and throwing it to him on the outlet. I just see a lot of upside and I think he is going to have a breakout year.

he should be able to average 10 points a game in 30 mins just by crashing the boards, getting steals and beating everyone down court, fast breaks and all that, then im sure they will have a few plays run for him, hopefully he's woking on his ft's because I see him getting to the line around 4 times a game

the way i look at it...if mo evans and bogans can average around 10ppg, then there is no reason to believe that pietrus wont average atleast 10. he is better than both of them.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

the way i look at it...if mo evans and bogans can average around 10ppg, then there is no reason to believe that pietrus wont average atleast 10. he is better than both of them.

exactly...

Wow fellas, your expectations for this guy are a bit high. We'll be lucky if he gets double digits in more than 10 games this year. He's not there for offense at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he splits minutes with JJ. I've been thinking this may be their strategy at the 2.

If a team with a shoot-first/defend last 2 guard is out on the court, throw JJ in there. Then if there's a slashing, jumpshot, hustle player out there, like Rip, yank JJ and throw in peaches.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Wow fellas, your expectations for this guy are a bit high. We'll be lucky if he gets double digits in more than 10 games this year. He's not there for offense at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he splits minutes with JJ. I've been thinking this may be their strategy at the 2.

If a team with a shoot-first/defend last 2 guard is out on the court, throw JJ in there. Then if there's a slashing, jumpshot, hustle player out there, like Rip, yank JJ and throw in peaches.

I LOL'd.

Okay Drunk on Mystery, since you're such a stud that you sit back on your computer chair on the Magic message boards and act like you're an NBA guru when clearly your ability to scout talent is next to none, otherwise it'd be your profession... let me tell you why you won't be laughing for long.

We have 2 options at the 2 guard:

Pietrus/JJ or

Pietrus/Lee

From what I can tell, Pietrus and Lee are basically interchangable. Both shoot the 3 relatively well, both defend well, and both are athletic. I like what I see from Lee.

But he's a rookie. I don't expect him to pick up the speed and talent right off the bat, and neither should anyone else. But you say he's proving himself in the summer leagues, correct? Guess what, so did JJ. We need to find out THIS YEAR, preferably in the beginning of the year, if JJ is worth having on this team. And even if he does prove himself, and we still for some reason do not want him on the team, he at least has trade value come February.

So Mr. Guru, laugh all you want, but if you ran an NBA team there'd be no bigger joke.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Okay Drunk on Mystery, since you're such a stud that you sit back on your computer chair on the Magic message boards and act like you're an NBA guru when clearly your ability to scout talent is next to none, otherwise it'd be your profession...There's little to no logic here. Like most people, I'm very good at a lot of things that aren't my job. let me tell you why you won't be laughing for long.

We have 2(really 4) options at the 2 guard:

Pietrus/JJ or

Pietrus/Lee

Pietrus/Bogans

Pietrus/Turk

From what I can tell, Pietrus and Lee are basically interchangable. Are you serious? Both shoot the 3 relatively well, both defend well Lee is still relatively unproven, and Pietrus is still foul prone. Both should improve, but we shouldn't take that for granted., and both are athletic. I like what I see from Lee. Me too. He has potential, seems to have desire, and his learning curve won't be very high.

But he's a rookie. I don't expect him to pick up the speed and talent right off the bat, and neither should anyone else Which is why they got Pietrus.. But you say he's proving himself in the summer leagues, correct? I've never said that. I don't recall ever thinking that. Guess what, so did JJ. I remember. JJ had a good summer league last year. We need to find out THIS YEAR, preferably in the beginning of the year, if JJ is worth having on this team. And even if he does prove himself, and we still for some reason do not want him on the team, he at least has trade value come February. The fact that he's currently hovering at 4th on the depth chart at his position has pretty much already answered the question of whether or not he belongs on this team. A player in the NBA with one real skill belongs on a team with a dirth of that skill. The Magic already have more shooters than they can get on the floor, making JJ's talents superfluous. Not to mention, I see no reason to play the worse of 2 players just to up the worse player's value. If JJ is better than Lee, he should play. If Lee is better, JJ should continue to enjoy his snazzy suits.

So Mr. Guru, laugh all you want, but if you ran an NBA team there'd be no bigger joke. There's a classic argument: you don't do it, so you have no right to critique. I'm not in a rock band either, but that doesn't mean I can't tell you without hesitation that Nickelback is the kind of whiny, incredibly mediocre crap that only a Rok-fan on Prozac could possibly find tolerable. That I have no NBA experience of any kind doesn't mean I can't make observations. I do have eyes, ears and a brain.