Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info

I just realized Jambo was talking about adding 2 players, one via trade, one via signing. I thought he was drunk or something, but it makes sense now.

Only not enough sense to get a logical answer.

I rule at 20 questions. I suck at 5 questions. Come back, Jambo!

I have gone over the scenarios and I believe Otis would bite on 2 things.

1. Reducing the salary for this year.

2. Obtaining a cheap reliable play making back up point guard

The deal that makes the most sense is to deal with Memphis that has room under the salary cap to absorb the difference in salary...saves us approx 1.7m while picking up Lowry(1.2m) for Bogans(2.9m). Lowers our present level of 65 million to almost 63 million...Otis' goal.

Lowry is being shopped and Bogans is a veteran SG/SF with 3 point range. Exactly what they need.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

wow, look what i found at the Grizz board:

"If they are looking for a PG and Memphis needs more outside shooting and a back up to Rudy then lets trade JCritt or Lowry for Bogans. Bogans is in the last year of his contract and makes less than $3 million a season after all.

I hate to lose Lowry but I am not sure Orlando would take JCritt right now. That is why he has to have a great summer camp. If JCritt wants to get out from behind the logjam at PG in Memphis to get some serious PT as a PG he needs to have a good to great summer camp."

*Eyes pop out of head and hang down in amazement*

Are you kidding me? Please don't toy with my emotions like this. Crit for Bogans? Where the FCK do I sign????????????? My heart's beating to fast for me to do it in a heartbeat

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

quote:

"If they are looking for a PG and Memphis needs more outside shooting and a back up to Rudy then lets trade JCritt or Lowry for Bogans. Bogans is in the last year of his contract and makes less than $3 million a season after all.

I hate to lose Lowry but I am not sure Orlando would take JCritt right now. That is why he has to have a great summer camp. If JCritt wants to get out from behind the logjam at PG in Memphis to get some serious PT as a PG he needs to have a good to great summer camp."

Are you kidding me? Please don't toy with my emotions like this. Crit for Bogans? Where the FCK do I sign????????????? My heart's beating to fast for me to do it in a heartbeat

Thats how I reacted. They might also be interested in JJ for cheap.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Jambo clearly said JJ wasn't involved.

Now who would the FA be?

I know that, i was just asking...

Crittenton is pure potential, it's a risk. But I was high on him to be a solid backup when the Lakers drafted him, so I'd be intrested in the risk. Not like Bogans has much to offer us anymore with Pietrus in town anyways.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

quote:

Thats how I reacted. They might also be interested in JJ for cheap.

If we get Pietrus AND Crit in the same offseason, Otis is a genius!

Maybe the "trade" is Lowry or Crittenton for Bogans and the "signing" is Jason Williams with the bi-annual LLE thingy for 3rd string/injury insurance?

If both those things were to happen I just might actually do a cartwheel. On my porch.