Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Does anyone have any personal stories about JJ being a responsible, humble guy? I know a lot of this stuff was in good fun, but it is troublesome to read info that questions his character over and over again.

Finally I can pitch in with some info :P I was in Orlando last February attending a few games. Before one of the games he was signing some stuff for some Magic fans and I tried to get him to sign my Redick photo but he already walked by me. So I was like, "JJ, I'm all the way from Holland, you gotta sign this". Then he stopped thought for a second and came back to sign my photo. I told him good luck, he said he appreciated the support.

Very humble person imo. He also seems to get along just fine with his teammates. I have a hard time believing he is what he is made out to be on here now.. I might be wrong though..

quote:
Originally posted by MagicHolland:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Does anyone have any personal stories about JJ being a responsible, humble guy? I know a lot of this stuff was in good fun, but it is troublesome to read info that questions his character over and over again.

Finally I can pitch in with some info :P I was in Orlando last February attending a few games. Before one of the games he was signing some stuff for some Magic fans and I tried to get him to sign my Redick photo but he already walked by me. So I was like, "JJ, I'm all the way from Holland, you gotta sign this". Then he stopped thought for a second and came back to sign my photo. I told him good luck, he said he appreciated the support.

Very humble person imo. He also seems to get along just fine with his teammates. I have a hard time believing he is what he is made out to be on here now.. I might be wrong though..

I also have a hard time beliving what people are saying about JJ..During games he seems to be getting along well, VERY well with Dwight Jameer and Lewis..To a point where they all sat at the end of the bench together..I also noticed when the team came out of the locker room, JJ was always with Dwight leading the team onto the court..Which may not mean anything, or could mean alot. I have met JJ once and he was a poilite person, and seemed pretty nice. I would like to hear what Denton has to tell BJ.. Because I am quite curious about the truth with this whole JJ fiasco.

The other night I was down at Wall Street, and there was this bum with no legs pushing himself along on a skateboard.

Well JJ walks around the corner, sees this bum, points and laughs with his friends and proceeds to walk over and push this poor guy over. He then pulled out a tight wad of rolled up hundreds, drops three on top of him and continues walking.

Worst part of this story, two of the girls I was with still said they'd sleep with him, even after watching that heartless display.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

The other night I was down at Wall Street, and there was this bum with no legs pushing himself along on a skateboard.

Well JJ walks around the corner, sees this bum, points and laughs with his friends and proceeds to walk over and push this poor guy over. He then pulled out a tight wad of rolled up hundreds, drops three on top of him and continues walking.

Worst part of this story, two of the girls I was with still said they'd sleep with him, even after watching that heartless display.

so, what your saying is...that all i have to do is 'appear' homeless and covertly hide my legs underneath me(with a large trenchcoat) on a skateboard...and people will throw benjamin's at me? and here i thought that me going to college was the best way to make money...i bet that guy doesnt even pay taxes!

quote:

Heartless? He paid dude 3 bills for a second of entertainment. Seems like he got of light compared to midget tossing.

quote:

And the headline in the Orlando Slantinel reads...

Humanitarian pro basketball player gives homeless man three hundred dollars; gets even more tail than before.