Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

I haven't see Lowry playing a lot, so I really don't know if he's the kind of player we need.

But looking at his stats, I'm a little worried about his % on threes and FT (remember that Pietrus is already not a very good FT shooter) and his Assist/TO ratio is not very good too.

Sorry Killing, not a personal attack here, only doubts looking at the stat sheet.

Legitimate issues

This is my opinion:

Lowry came into the NBA raw after his soph season at Nova & essentially missed his rookie year. He'll never be a shooter, but his outside shot improved dramatically last year, and I expect his entire offensive game to continue to improve because he's a gym rat.

What I love about Lowry is that he competes hard, has a very aggro style, and attacks on both ends. He pushes the ball hard, which is the biggest issue I've had with our current PG's.

His size is an issue because Jameer is undersized, but imo, Lowry's size isn't the liability Nelson's is. He's extremely tough, physical, and athletic.

I'm not trying to build Lowry into something he's not. He's still raw in the half court game offensively. But, I feel he's the prototypical game changing PG off the bench, and I believe he has a lot of upside.

I like players (in all sports) who are physical, take competition personally, & have an edge to their game. On a scale of 1-10, Lowry is an 11 in that respect.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

boy-looking-girls_~BCP710-18.jpg

high-school-boy_~c0036955.jpg

quote:
I don't get it Killing, care to explain

It's an inside joke that only one person will get. Sry if making it as a replying to your post caused confusion.

I don't profess to know if what I know relates to what Jambo knows, but I know one player the Magic are interested in. If you can read between the lines of this enigma wrapped in a riddle, you will know too. Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to divulge what I know, ya know?

Actually, this is not true. I can tell you the Magic are at least interested in Kyle Lowry. I just can't divulge how I know that. How interested or if this relates to Jambo's inside info, I have no idea.

Oh, yea, we also have an interest in Crittenton, and my understanding is that more favor him than Lowry, but the advocates of Lowry are bigger advocates of Lowry.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

He'll never be a shooter.

Not a big problem here, we already have a ton of shooter's on the team, and Jameer is pretty good at that.

quote:

What I love about Lowry is that he competes hard, has a very aggro style, and attacks on both ends. He pushes the ball hard, which is the biggest issue I've had with our current PG's.

This is something we miss a lot last season.

Don't know you, but in the Detroit series I was disappointed with our team pace.

They tried hard in some stretches, but they also seem quite sloppy sometimes.

Being good attacking the basket, his first priority may be improving his FT% this offseason.

quote:

I like players (in all sports) who are physical, take competition personally, & have an edge to their game. On a scale of 1-10, Lowry is an 11 in that respect.

I'm quite sold with "your" guy, we need this type of abilities.

Considering that the market didn't offer outstanding players, if Otis could sign him and a classic veteran PG, I would be OK with that.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Actually, this is not true. I can tell you the Magic are at least interested in Kyle Lowry. I just can't divulge how I know that. How interested or if this relates to Jambo's inside info, I have no idea.

Oh, yea, we also have an interest in Crittenton, and my understanding is that more favor him than Lowry, but the advocates of Lowry are bigger advocates of Lowry.

That's what I'm talking about!!! I just hope the cheap owner and GM of Memphis are interested in whatever we're offering.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Sky, you can eliminate players shorter or same height with Nelson. I think we are looking for a big PG>

I just went by what Jambo said. I think anything else is speculation.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

The only hint I can give is the players in question, have been mentioned in this thread at some point, but actually there have been a lot of players mentioned...

Oh, and another thing, it has nothing to do with New Jersey.....

PGs listed on this thread is chronological order

Carlos Arroyo

Jason Williams

Jamaal tinsley

Stephan Marbury

Chris Duhon

Kirk Hinrich

Steve Nash

Tyrone Lue

Darrel Armstrong

Andre Miller

Gary Payton

Lowry

J Jack

Marcus Williams

Jordan Farmar

Sergio Rodriguez

Acie Law

Mike Conley

Aaron Brooks

Taurean Green

T.J.Ford

Travis Dierner

Jason Kidd

Javaris Crittenton

Keyon Dooling

Marcus Williams

Ramon Sessions

Is there anyone that plays PG in this league that was not mentioned?

Arroyo is not returning.

JWill we'd sign outright.

Tinsley we'd sign outright.

Marbury we'd sign outright.

Hinrich costs too much.

Nash, obv. not.

Lue sucks, we'd never sign him.

Armstrong is ancient.

Miller is a starter for Philly.

Payton? Laugh.

Lowry is possible

Jack is possible

Williams is on the Nets.

Farmar is not going to be traded.

Rodriguez is possible

Law is possible

Conley is not getting traded.

Brooks is useless to us, he's tiny.

Green is possible

Ford just got traded for in return for a star big man. Not getting traded again.

Diener... lol... yea, right.

Kidd, nope.

Crittenton is possible

Dooling is gone, too much $$$ over too many years.

Sessions is possible

Now, with your analysis - who would knock our socks off - who would be too good to be true - lets narrow the list down. We were told that the player will be too good to be true essentially - who is that so I can look at videos on you tube - but I don't want to look at too many.

So, who do you think?

quote:
Originally posted by elephant27:

quote:
Carlos Arroyo

Jason Williams

Jamaal tinsley

Stephan Marbury

Chris Duhon

Kirk Hinrich

Steve Nash

Tyrone Lue

Darrel Armstrong

Andre Miller

Gary Payton

Lowry

J Jack

Marcus Williams

Jordan Farmar

Sergio Rodriguez

Acie Law

Mike Conley

Aaron Brooks

Taurean Green

T.J.Ford

Travis Dierner

Jason Kidd

Javaris Crittenton

Keyon Dooling

Marcus Williams

Ramon Sessions

Ok I think this is how we're looking now with the point gaurds we can gat through trades. I like the options we have.

Of that list - who would knock our socks off? It was supposed to be a pick up that was too good to be true.

I just heard who the guy was/is, but I can't talk about it, but boy is he good - LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by elephant27:

quote:
Carlos Arroyo

Jason Williams

Jamaal tinsley

Stephan Marbury

Chris Duhon

Kirk Hinrich

Steve Nash

Tyrone Lue

Darrel Armstrong

Andre Miller

Gary Payton

Lowry

J Jack

Marcus Williams

Jordan Farmar

Sergio Rodriguez

Acie Law

Mike Conley

Aaron Brooks

Taurean Green

T.J.Ford

Travis Dierner

Jason Kidd

Javaris Crittenton

Keyon Dooling

Marcus Williams

Ramon Sessions

Ok I think this is how we're looking now with the point gaurds we can gat through trades. I like the options we have.

Of that list - who would knock our socks off? It was supposed to be a pick up that was too good to be true.

I just heard who the guy was/is, but I can't talk about it, but boy is he good - LOL

That was what I tried to tell you guys when you heard the phrase "to good to be true" most likely is false.