Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

Redick Confident He Won't Be Traded; Still Hoping For Shot With Magic (Denton)

This is hilarious. He read my thread..lol.

I still say he is gone. Only reason he stays is because Otis can not get any good players in return.

JJ is more optimistic about his future with the team than I am. There are 3 shooting guards ahead of him in the rotation and currently only 1 point guard. He is almost certainly getting traded.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

This is hilarious. He read my thread..lol.

quote:
I just heard JJ cleaned out his locker.

I know I risk snarky little people getting mad if nothing comes of it, but I figured I'd share anyway.

What do you risk if we find out it was BS?

I don't know why you guys act so sure about this. If i'm Otis, i'm trading Bogans because he offers nothing different for this team at this point. The signing of Pietrus buried him. With the pieces we have now, we can put a defensive unit on the floor and bring Redick in for instant offense.

Bogans played fairly decent last year and top that with an expiring contract, someone will take him.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I don't know why you guys act so sure about this. If i'm Otis, i'm trading Bogans because he offers nothing different for this team at this point. The signing of Pietrus buried him. With the pieces we have now, we can put a defensive unit on the floor and bring Redick in for instant offense.

Bogans played fairly decent last year and top that with an expiring contract, someone will take him.

I agree to a certain extent. I agree either Bogans or JJ will not be on this team this season. The reason I trade JJ though is because I feel since by name only and his lottery pick status he can net us something more worthwile then what Bogans can either alone or in a trade package. Also, we have Lee who can knock down shots, is taller, can hit the 3, AND plays defense. I'd rather have Peaches/Bogans/Lee (or Lee/Bogans depending on how Lee develops), then JJ out there especially not knowing who our backup PG will be going into the season.

Proof that Denton and Redick read blog sights. If your a reporter or a player, why not? Redick did get a chuckle and thats good for your health.

If we settle for the signing of Williams and Foyle, a likely move(not popular I might add), and Turkoglu agrees to an extention this summer, we can get a look at Lee's ability to play point guard and Redick to contribute along side Lee.

If SVG is not happy, you have the option of not extending Redick and/or also not replacing Bogans.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

What does JJ provide for us that Bogans can't do? JJ is a better outside shooter but no so much that it over shadows his inability to defend at the other end. Bogans is very capable of spreading the floor without being a liablity. Unless a team is interested in Bogans' expiring contract I think JJ is the one on the way out.