Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

I don't think the Heat played great...we just sucked.

Olidipo played great and Harkless was ok but the rest of our team was god awful. Maybe the worst summer league game yet for AN and even Oquinn looked lethargic.

Miami did everything to take the ball out of Vic's hands and he still got 22 pts.

@JohnDenton555

#Magic Oladipo on teams targeting rookies:"No. 2 pick, rookie, of course they are going to challenge me. I’ve got to meet those challenges."

@JohnDenton555

#Magic Harkless:"They outplayed us from the start to the finish. It starts with me because I should be a leader and I can’t let that happen"

@JohnDenton555

#Magic Coach James Borrego on VOladipo facing trapping D: "Even though we didn’t like the result tonight, I think this was good for him."

@JohnDenton555

#Magic Borrego on Oladipo:"Teams understand this (PG pos.) is a new area for him & a new league for him and they will try to exploit that."

@JohnDenton555

Line of the day from #Magic VOladipo: "I’ve got to cut down on the TOs or my last name is going to change from Oladipo to Mr. Turnover.

Didn't the Heat win the ship? lol why is their summer league team waxing ass?

Because they have so much money tied up in key players that they need dirt cheap guys to fill out the roster, so it's a good chance for someone to latch on. Ian Clark is pretty good, surprised no one took a flier in rd 2.

It may not work but so far I have been impressed as hell by his PG play. I was able to attend the 2008 summer league in person when Westbrook was a rookie and Dipo's performance reminds me of Westbrook making his conversion to PG. Hennigan was just hired by the Thunder and had a first hand experience watching them convert a college SG to PG.

You can read some accounts of that summer on Draft express here.

Westbrook summer league

they sound a lot like the reviews Dipo has gotten from the media the past couple days.

Any links to articles that review how Dipo is doing so far? Id like to compare to the Westbrook article.

Oladipo's shooting 34% from the field in summer league so far but due to his insanely high free throw rate his TS% is at 55. Very nice. To finally have an athletic wing player with the ability to shoot off-the-dribble and get the the foul line would be wonderful.

• Upvote 1